Our favorite wolf is back with two beautiful singles to give us a taste of his upcoming album The Cure to Loneliness.
After over a year of very little noise from Jai Wolf minus his track “Lost” with Chelsea Cutler, he’s finally returned to our headphones with two masterful tracks “Lose My Mind” (feat. Mr. Gabriel) and “Telepathy.” And there’s so much more to come, as Jai Wolf’s first full-length album The Cure to Loneliness is set to drop in just a few months on April 5.
The good news just keeps on coming, as fans can look forward to a North American tour this spring, hitting legendary venues like NYC’s Terminal 5 and LA’s The Shrine along with dozens of cities in between. After an amazing Kindred Spirits Tour that featured his mind-blowing spaceship-esque stage production to complement his sonic tunes, we can only imagine what magic this 2019 tour will hold.
Tickets for Jai Wolf’s Cure to Loneliness North American Tour will go on sale on January 18 via jaiwolf.com/tour!
Jai Wolf has created an unmatched emotional sound over the years that fuses atmospheric melodies and pop influences for a truly magical effect that has touched many listeners time and time again. With roots out of both Bangladesh and NYC, Jai Wolf’s unique upbringing has allowed him to form this touching sound that has truly come to fruition The Cure to Loneliness.
“I like writing songs that have a duality, a complexity of feeling that takes you to a melancholy, reflective space. My music is for people who are desperately dreaming beyond where they are at right now—it can be the future, it can be the past. I want you to feel nostalgic. I want you to reflect on your life. I also want you to be inspired about where your life could go.”
If the first two singles are any sign of what’s to come, we’re in for a true masterpiece of an album. “Lose My Mind” is a bit more upbeat, with the ethereal vocals of Mr. Gabriel accompanying an indie-leaning beat. The fast-paced, groovy verses are met with a slower, wavy chorus that will have you singing right along.
“Telepathy” is my favorite of the two, a completely instrumental track that focuses on the captivating melodies that Jai Wolf is so masterful at creating. Heavenly guitar chords tie the track together from start to finish and whimsical soft vocals hum along, allowing you to get lost in the music and make up your own meaning to the track. The sweet, high piano notes that characterize many of Jai Wolf’s tracks breakthrough towards the end, giving it a wonderful triumphant feeling.
Watch the Jai Wolf – “Lose My Mind” feat. Mr. Gabriel Official Music Video:
The Cure to Loneliness North American Tour Flyer:
The Cure to Loneliness North American Tour Dates:
- 4/10 – Washington, DC – 9:30 Club
- 4/11 – Philadelphia, PA – Union Transfer
- 4/12 – Boston, MA – House of Blues
- 4/13 – New York, NY – Terminal 5
- 4/17 – South Burlington, VT – Higher Ground Ballroom
- 4/18 – Montreal, QC – Theatre Fairmount
- 4/19 – Toronto, ON – Velvet Underground
- 4/20 – Detroit, MI – Majestic Theatre
- 4/21 – Grand Rapids, MI – The Intersection
- 4/23 – Columbus, OH – The Bluestone
- 4/24 – Indianapolis, IN – The Vogue
- 4/25 – Madison, WI – Majestic Theatre
- 4/26 – Chicago, IL – Concord Music Hall
- 4/27 – Minneapolis, MN – The Loft at Skyway Theatre
- 5/1 – Kansas City, MO – The Truman
- 5/2 – Denver, CO – Ogden Theatre
- 5/4 – Salt Lake City, UT – The Depot
- 5/5 – Boise, ID – Knitting Factory Concert House
- 5/6 – Missoula, MT – The Wilma
- 5/8 – Vancouver, BC – VENUE
- 5/9 – Seattle, WA – Showbox SoDo
- 5/10 – Portland, OR – Roseland Theatre
- 5/11 – Eugene, OR – McDonald Theatre
- 5/14 – San Luis Obispo, CA – Fremont Theatre
- 5/15 – Sacramento, CA – Ace of Spades
- 5/16 – Santa Cruz, CA – The Catalyst
- 5/17 – San Francisco, CA – Warfield
- 6/1 – Los Angeles, CA – Shrine Expo Hall