EDM Identity Team
Founder / Editor-In-Chief
- Grant GilmoreGrant Gilmore’s authoritative voice as a media professional lends credibility not common to EDM journalism. As the founder of EDM Identity he has effectively raised the bar on coverage of the past decade’s biggest youth culture phenomenon. After ten years of working for nonprofit organization Pro Player Foundation, Gilmore launched EDM Identity as a media outlet offering accurate informative coverage of the rave scene and electronic music as a whole. Although they cover comprehensive topic matter, they have taken special care in interviewing the likes of Armin van Buuren, Adventure Club, Gorgon City, Lane 8 and Afrojack. In addition to household names, they have also highlighted unsung heroes of the industry through their ID Spotlight segment. Whether he’s covering it or not, you can expect to find Grant Gilmore attending the next big electronic music event. To find out what’s next on his itinerary, follow him via the social links below.
- John CameronI'm a Denver-based journalist and copywriter hopelessly embedded in dance culture. I find all facets of this worldwide phenomenon worth documenting in their own right, but my heart beats in the underground. Follow me for in-depth analysis of your favorite artists, events, labels, and platforms.
- Ashley NguyenFrom growing up singing, dancing, and learning instruments, music has always been at the center of Ashley's life. Her world opened up after attending Beyond Wonderland Bay Area in 2014, and since then, her love for electronic music has brought her across the globe from The Gorge to Amsterdam Dance Event and the Armada Studio for ASOT Live. She loves all things uplifting trance, progressive house, and melodic bass. Her favorite artists include Above & Beyond, Illenium, Odesza, Ilan Bluestone, Arty, Andrew Bayer, Elohim, and ZHU. Catch her on dance floors across Denver and the SF Bay Area!
House & Techno Editor
- Maria ClintonMaria first fell in love with electronic music in the early 2000's when she heard a little tune called "Satisfaction" by Benny Benassi. Since then she has dived headfirst into the scene and is wildly passionate about the trance, techno, and house genres. Festival's like EDC, Dreamstate, and Dirtybird Campout hold the key to her soul and dance music will always and forever be a major part of her life.
- Abby HaydenUpon discovering the electronic music scene in 2017, Abby was immediately hooked. Over the years she attended dozens of festivals across the south and the midwest, eventually finding her niche within the underground bass realm. Abby has always had a strong opinion on the music she's listening to and the events she's attending and that's how she found her role within EDM Identity, first as a contributing writer. She now oversees a team of writers as the site's Bass Editor while covering events and writing about her favorite artists. You can catch her at festivals like Okeechobee, Hulaween, Tipper events, and every edition of Infrasound.
- Jared "JSkolie" SkolnickJared, aka JSkolie, was introduced to electronic music in the 1990’s by way of Orbital. He raved in parks and fields in South Florida where the entirety of the production was a DJ in a box truck. Now living in NYC, he attended his first Above & Beyond show in 2016 and his life has never been the same. Jared has been energized by the Trance community and its PLUR ethos. He is a supporter of harm reduction and is a DanceSafe volunteer. Jared enjoys endurance events and has danced for 12-hours straight while often recovering from raves with bike rides just as long. Or longer.
A&R / Playlist Manager
- Janice RoqueA music lover for as long as she can remember, Janice was first introduced to electronic music in her early teens, then experienced live events in 2015 and never looked back. From house and techno, to trap, breaks, bass, and drum & bass, as long as it gets her moving and feeling something, she loves it. In 2019, she got involved in the local scene of San Francisco and gained experience in social media management and event promotions by throwing events and underground raves. You can always find her playlisting, looking for new artists to support, and reading about the history of dance music.
- Matt "MyStro" SchaitelMyStro's been embedded for years in dance music industry - finding the passion during the early years of the internet when in 6th grade. Since the passion began, he's done a bit of everything - DJed in Ibiza, promoted and thrown his own parties, VJed, created promotional material, worked A&R for labels, and of course, wrote for blogs. Now he is here with EDM Identity, ready to make waves with his honest and unique perspective honed through years of varied experiences in the industry.
- David CedarDavid "CEEDs" Cedar is a Los Angeles-based content creator and music producer covering quirked-up, stripped-down house and techno. Inspired by European club culture, CEEDs has a passion for minimal, deep, and tech. Pumping grooves. Raw sounds. His favorite artists include PAWSA, Keinemusik, and Peggy Gou.
- Erik NilsenErik's love for music began when he was just a kid. Over the years, he's explored most genres, but a Blackberry commercial featuring Diplo ignited his passion for dance music. Currently, he's vibing with minimal tech, deep house, and a touch of techno. During a trip through South America, he saw Michael Bibi perform 8 times across 7 countries in the same month. Recently, Erik has been producing his own minimal house tracks.
- Hannah RobertsWhile being a fan of dance music since she first heard deadmau5' "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" in middle school, Hannah officially started attending EDM events and festivals in 2015 and hasn't left the scene since. Her favorite festivals are Ultra Music Festival and Electric Forest. She is a graduate of San Diego State University, receiving a degree in journalism with an emphasis in public relations. Whether she's grooving to some tech house, getting down to hard techno, vibing to uplifting trance, or headbanging to dubstep, you can be sure to catch her dancing her heart out at a variety of shows.
- Jackie PepplerBased out of Southern California, Jackie grew up with a deep love for all things edm. Over the years she’s worked in many different facets within the music industry including writing for various media outlets, helping run socials for Audio San Francisco, volunteering with Burning Man, and working as artist transpo at Life Is Beautiful. She fell in love with Anjunadeep during her time at Audio — with progressive, deep house truly encapsulating her heart. However, her other love is heavy bass and dubstep so you can catch her on either ends of the festival grounds. In her spare time, she is teaching herself how to DJ with the hopes of making her own music one day.
- Janelle CrowtherJanelle began her EDM journey with house music at Dirtybird Campout in 2015 and has thrived ever since. She spent many of those beginning years at events working ADA with Accessible Festivals, finding a love of assisting patrons in enjoying their festival experience. As an LA native, she made her way to countless events and festivals containing a wide variety of genres. From techno festivals in France to bass events in Canada, she has traveled all over to explore many types of EDM music. After moving to Utah post-academia to work in Clinical Research, she discovered a passion in writing to allow her to stay connected to the community she loves. She enjoys meeting new friends, so please say hi and introduce yourself if you see her dancing in the crowds!
- Kinley ShottsMeet Kinley Shotts, who discovered Skrillex in 2011 and has been passionate about the sounds of electronic music ever since. Her parents began taking her to shows at a young age and she began attending electronic shows and festivals during her time studying Journalism at the University of Arkansas. Since then, Kinley has experienced the scene in Kansas City and now resides in Denver. Additionally, Kinley works in the tech industry leading a partnerships team at a high growth startup. At nights and on the weekends, you can find her catching a range of live music shows around Denver and across the country. She mostly enjoys future bass, UKG, breaks, and drum and bass beats with hip-hop, funk, and soul influences. She also dabbles in dupstep, house, and techno as well. While she loves artists in all genres, her favorite electronic artists span from James Blake to Flume to Sub Focus. Her taste knows no bounds!
- Lance MillikenBased out of North Carolina, Lance has been listening to electronic music for over 15 years. Although a die-hard lover of trance and progressive, he also loves techno, drum & bass, and always has a soft spot for a good house show. When not writing about or listening to EDM, you can find him watching soccer, DJing as code//switch, or playing with his two cats and one dog.
- Logan GarrisonIt was a decade ago that Logan Garrison, better known as DJ Lo_G, first took the stage to spin sets for crowds in the snowy towns of Lake Tahoe and Aspen. Originally spinning sounds in the realm of glitch and bass music, he began to develop a passion for all things house as he returned to his hometown and hasn’t looked back since. Over the years, DJ Lo_G has become a fixture in the Aspen nightlife scene as he has found a home at Belly Up and regularly warms up the stage for some of dance music’s biggest artists like The Chainsmokers, Chris Lake, Slow Magic, Nora En Pure, and most recently ZHU. Joining the EDM Identity team back in 2018, he’s dug even deeper into dance music and the festival scene. Whether he’s covering events like Mysteryland and shows in Aspen, interviewing artists like Hannah Wants, and reviewing fresh releases, his passion for the entire community shines throughout.
- Miguel FlorencioIf you were to step inside Miguel's mind—depending on the minute—you'll find yourself at the center of a warehouse rave, under the scorching desert sun at Coachella, or in a buzzing Las Vegas club; there's never a quiet moment. With a passion for storytelling, he hopes to bridge audiences to the beauty of dance music through writing, photography, and social media.
- Sheila LimSheila is not your average dance music enthusiast. She found her way to EDM through her immense love for artists like The Chainsmokers, Martin Garrix, Alan Walker and Calvin Harris. EDM has marked so many parts of her life. Important moments, nostalgic memories and unforgettable times. You can always find her at the front row of resident DJ's club sets in Las Vegas. In her own words "goosebumps never lie" and Tomorrowland will always have a special place in her heart.
- Zachary LefevreZachary Lefevre has been listening to electronic music since the early 2000s. Although his first live show was underground hip-hop, he began listening to a variety of different genres and found his niche within electronic community. After attending more concerts and festivals, Zachary was seeking out a platform that would allow him to express his passion and love for live music and share it with friends, family, and the world. Having always been an avid writer he began to combine the two arts and shortly after writing his first article Zachary became part of the EDM Identity team in August 2015.