Jai Wolf surpasses all expectations with his debut EP, Kindred Spirits.
Sajeeb Saha, or better known as Jai Wolf, has plenty to be proud about at this moment. His debut EP, Kindred Spirits, is finally done and his currently released songs are doing phenomenally well. The New York native got started in the dance music scene under the name, No Pets Allowed. His sound at that time was melodic dubstep. As his music career grew older, he did away with the name No Pets Allowed and with the dubstep sound completely. Soon, under his new name Jai Wolf, he was getting incredible recognition for his remixes such as “Weekend” by Mocki, “Say My Name” by Odesza, and “Dollhouse”‘ by Melanie Martinez.
Nothing was going to prepare him with the success of his first single though. Released under Odesza‘s Foreign Family Collective label in May, “Indian Summer” captured the hearts of millions of people and catapulted Jai Wolf to success. ‘Indian Summer’ was Jai Wolf in his full form – the song is melodic, beautiful, and really makes you happy just listening to it.
Enter Kindred Spirits: the EP is incredible and surpasses every other piece of work Jai Wolf has put out. The six-song EP is something that could easily be used in movies – leaving you with a feel-good vibe after every song is finished. It’s truly an incredible piece of work from start to finish. I’ve always associated music with emotions. It’s been the one thing that has consistently made me feel better about whatever might be going on in my life. Listening to Kindred Spirits, you instantly can associate emotion with everyone of the songs. Jai Wolf does a tremendous job of really bringing the music to life.
The EP releases tomorrow on Mom + Pop, but you can get an exclusive stream right here on EDM Identity. You can also catch him on his Kindred Spirits Tour and buy tickets HERE.
Stream Jai Wolf – Kindred Spirits EP on SoundCloud:
- Fri. Nov. 18 – Seattle, WA @ The Showbox (SOLD OUT)
- Sat. Nov. 19 – Portland, OR @ Wonder Ballroom
- Wed. Nov. 23 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
- Fri. Nov. 25 – Santa Ana, CA @ The Observatory (SOLD OUT)
- Fri. Nov. 25 – Santa Ana, CA @ The Observatory (Late Show)
- Sat. Nov. 26 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Novo
- Sun. Nov. 27 – San Diego, CA @ The Observatory North Park
- Wed. Nov. 30 – Austin, TX @ Vulcan Gas Company
- Thu. Dec. 1 – Dallas, TX @ Trees
- Fri. Dec. 2 – Houston, TX @ White Oak Music Hall (Inside Downstairs)
- Sat. Dec. 3 – New Orleans, LA @ Republic New Orleans
- Sun. Dec. 4 – Atlanta, GA @ Terminal West (Early Show)
- Sun. Dec. 4 – Atlanta, GA @ Terminal West (SOLD OUT)
- Wed. Dec. 7 – Boston, MA @ Paradise
- Thu. Dec. 8 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- Fri. Dec. 9 – Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer
- Sat. Dec. 10 – New York, NY @ Terminal 5