Countdown NYE is set to be an out-of-this-world experience, so make sure you’re prepared for the invasion with all the important details.
Life has changed ever since the aliens decided to invade Southern California on New Year’s Eve years ago at Countdown NYE. While this might seem like a frightful experience filled with unknowns, these extraterrestrials are really just looking to throw one of the biggest parties on the planet to help ring in the new year, and they’ve consistently done so in style. This year will see Countdown NYE return to the NOS Events Center on December 30-31 for another round of cosmic beats and insane production as the final hours of 2022 tick away – and it’s shaping up to be one of the best yet.
Artists set to take the stage at Countdown NYE this year include massive names like deadmau5, Madeon, ZHU, and Zedd, and there are plenty of other stunners that range from FuntCase and SIDEPIECE to VNSSA and Jason Ross, who are all sure to deliver some heat. Additionally, the festival will host its very own afterparty for the first time ever, giving attendees the chance to keep the party rolling strong into the early hours of New Year’s Day.
To help you navigate the Countdown NYE experience and have a great time closing out your year, we’ve compiled all the essential information you need to know before you dance with the aliens. Check out the set times, festival map, what not to bring, and more – and make sure to let us know if you’re attending this festival on Twitter!
Countdown NYE 2022 – Essential Info:
Dates: December 30-31, 2022
Show Hours: 4pm – 2am, Daily (Afterparty on January 1 from 2am – 6am)
Will Call Hours: December 30: 10:00am – 1:00am
Venue Address: 689 S. E St San Bernardino, CA 92408
Tickets: Purchase HERE
Ages: You must be 18+ to enter and 21+ for alcohol. A valid photo ID is required
Countdown NYE 2022 – Set Times:
Countdown NYE 2022 – Official Afterparty Info:
Countdown NYE 2022 – Festival and Parking Maps:
Countdown NYE 2022 – Shuttle and Metrolink Information:
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses, and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting party-goers, and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Countdown NYE.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!
Countdown NYE 2022 – Do’s & Don’ts:
- NO Aerosol products/cans
- NO Balls or Frisbees
- NO Bota bags
- NO Costumes that resemble public safety uniforms (police, SWAT, fire, security, or medical) in any way
- NO Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- NO Gas masks
- NO Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- NO Helium balloons
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Large chains or spiked jewelry
- NO Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- NO Laser pointers and air horns
- NO LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- NO Liquid makeup
- NO Markers, pens or spray paint
- NO Massagers
- NO Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- NO Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store or from a first aid station)
- NO Pacifiers
- NO Pets
- NO Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- NO Red-colored light-up wands, batons, or lightsabers
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Stuffed animals or dolls
- NO Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- NO Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- NO Unsealed tampons or pads (upon entry)
- NO Weapon or weapon accessories of any kind, real or fictional (including whips, lightsabers, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, fake weapons/props, etc.)
- NO Wind chairs/sofas
- YES Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- YES Cigarettes (must be sealed upon entry) and lighters
- YES E-cigs/vapes are permitted (Refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon entry. One bottle sealed/unopened E-liquid or E-juice will be permitted.)
- YES Disposable vapes will be permitted if they are sealed upon entry
- YES Deodorant (must be sealed at entry)
- YES Earplugs
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines)
- YES Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- YES Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Gum (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Hula hoops—including LED hoops
- YES Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- YES Juuls (one factory-sealed Juul Pod OK at entry)
- YES LED whips, pois & orbitals
- YES Lip balm, lip gloss and lipstick (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, Polaroids, etc.)
- YES Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon arrival)
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry. Only bring the amount of medication needed for the duration of the festival. Prescription must match ID.)
- YES Powder makeup (liquid makeup is prohibited)
- YES Rain ponchos and umbrellas measuring less than 10″ when collapsed
- YES Reusable water bottles (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Sealed Intranasal Naloxone
- YES Selfie sticks
- YES Small bags, single-compartment bags, plush bags, purses (maximum 12″x12″)
- YES Sunglasses & hats
- YES Sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- YES Tampons and pads (must be sealed at entry)
- YES Wet wipes (must be sealed at entry)
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.