Dreamstate SoCal calls the Trance Family back once again and we have all the info you need to know to have a great time at the festival!
While Dreamstate SoCal may no longer be happening on Trancegiving itself, fans of trance and progressive have plenty of thanks for the biggest US trance festival’s return. As the family gathers again this November we want to make sure that everyone is safe and knows what to do around the festival – whether it’s setting a meeting point, enjoying your favorite acts, finding water or the medical team, or buying that sweet souvenir.
As a reminder – this year’s edition of Dreamstate SoCal returns to a four-stage setup for the first time in years. The fourth stage though is a new experience – titled The Void – which will cater to the deeper progressive sounds on day one and to the techy rougher sounds on day two. Joining The Void is our standard blend of three stages: The Dream – our main stage for the biggest acts to take you on a journey in sound, The Vision where talent dives deeper into the genre’s wide-spanning sound, and The Sequence where the psychedelic sounds deliver one to sonic nirvana.
This year’s lineup also pulls from all over the globe. There are legends of the genre like Paul Van Dyk, Aly & Fila, Ferry Corsten, Darude, Astrix, Infected Mushroom, and BT as well as standard-bearers for the genre’s diversity like Solarstone, Giuseppe Ottaviani, and Gabriel & Dresden. Additionally, there are rising stars like Tempo Giusto, Nifra, Khromata, WHITENO1SE, Xijaro & Pitch, and Billy Gillies. Whatever your tastes are, this year’s lineup ought to deliver more than a couple of acts that you can love.
With all that information, let’s dive into the details. Remember COVID-19 is still an ongoing thing, so protecting the community is important. Be sure to review the guidelines below, but be aware that they may change. In addition, be sure to follow the dos/don’ts correctly, keep your festival totems and flags from bringing bad vibes to the crowd by following guidelines, and most importantly, keep your acceptable ID and ticket ready for a wonderful time and quick entry.
Dreamstate SoCal 2021 Essential Info:
Dates: Friday, November 19 – 20, 2021
Hours: Will Call: 4pm–1am Daily; Festival: 5pm–2am Daily
Venue Address: 689 S. E St San Bernardino, CA 92408
Tickets: Purchase HERE
Facebook Event Page: RSVP HERE
Ages: You must be 18+ to enter and 21+ for alcohol. Valid photo ID is required
In an effort to keep attendees safe, Dreamstate SoCal will be following all guidelines set by the CDC and state and local officials, which can be found on their website. To be admitted into the festival, attendees must provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test taken within 72-hours prior to entering the festival. A photo on your phone of your vaccination card or negative result is sufficient for entry. You will need to show these to staff upon entry.
Download the Insomniac App in iTunes or Play Store for the latest set times and updates for Dreamstate SoCal 2021.
Dreamstate SoCal 2021 Set Times:
Dreamstate 2021 Festival and Parking Maps:
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting party-goers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Dreamstate SoCal.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!
Dreamstate SoCal 2021 Do’s & Don’ts:
- NO Aerosol products/cans
- NO Balls or Frisbees
- NO Bota bags
- NO Costumes that resemble public safety uniforms (police, SWAT, fire, security, or medical) in any way
- NO Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Eye drops
- NO Gas masks
- NO Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- NO Helium balloons
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Large chains or spiked jewelry
- NO Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- NO Laser pointers and air horns
- NO LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- NO Liquid makeup
- NO Markers, pens or spray paint
- NO Massagers
- NO Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- NO Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- NO Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at first aid station)
- NO Pacifiers
- NO Pets
- NO Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Stuffed animals or dolls
- NO Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- NO Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- NO Unsealed tampons or pads (upon entry)
- NO Weapon or weapon accessories of any kind, real or fictional (including whips, lightsabers, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, fake weapons/props, etc.)
- NO Wind chairs/sofas
- YES Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- YES Cigarettes (must be sealed upon entry) and lighters
- YES Deodorant (must be sealed at entry)
- YES E-cigs/vapes (Refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon entry. One bottle sealed/unopened E-liquid or E-juice will be permitted.)
- YES Earplugs
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines)
- YES Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- YES Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Gum (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Hula hoops—including LED hoops
- YES Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- YES Juuls (one factory-sealed Juul Pod OK at entry)
- YES LED whips, poi, & orbitals
- YES Lip balm, lip gloss, and lipstick (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, Polaroids, etc.)
- YES Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon arrival)
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- YES Powder makeup (liquid makeup is prohibited)
- YES Rain ponchos and umbrellas measuring less than 10″ when collapsed
- YES Reusable water bottles (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Selfie sticks
- YES Small bags, single-compartment bags, plush bags, purses (maximum 12″x12″)
- YES Sunglasses & hats
- YES Sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- YES Tampons and pads (must be sealed at entry)
- YES Wet wipes (must be sealed at entry)
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.