Don’t miss a single set or get held up by trying to find parking. Here’s everything you need to know ahead of Second Sky Music Festival!
We are just a week away from the debut edition of Porter Robinson‘s Second Sky Music Festival. The highly anticipated event started out as a single day but quickly grew into a two-day event. Taking place at Middle Harbor Shoreline Park, the festival will play host to many of our favorite artists including G Jones, Madeon, and even a surprise guest on Sunday.
Each day will open with an hour and a half long set from Virtual Self. The placement of Virtual Self has praised by many as it helps to ensure that attendance for opening acts will be high. Every artist on the lineup adds something unique and at times contrasting to each other, which is how Porter wanted this festival to be experienced.
Be sure to arrive early and remember that there is no official parking on site. Also, don’t forget to bring some extra cash to support the Robinson Malawi Fund!
Second Sky Music Festival 2019 Essential Info:
Dates: June 15-16, 2019
Hours: 12pm – 10pm
Venue Address: 2777 Middle Harbor Rd, Oakland, CA 94607
Tickets: Limited GA and VIP Passes Remain via their website!
Facebook Event Page: RSVP HERE
Acceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- A valid government-issued photo ID is required for entry.
Second Sky Music Festival 2019 Set Times:
Second Sky Music Festival 2019 Map:
Second Sky Music Festival Parking Information:
THERE IS NO DESIGNATED FESTIVAL PARKING AND THERE IS NO PARKING ON SITE. ALL PARKING IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
There are only 2 ways to get to the Second Sky Music Festival Site:
- Via Free Shuttle from the West Oakland BART Station, which is free for all ticket purchasers. All you need to ride the free shuttle is your ticket. Shuttles will run continuously from the West Oakland BART Station to the event site from 11am-9pm daily. The last shuttle from the event site back to the BART station leaves at 11:45pm.
- Via Ride Share, which will drop you off at our designated on-site location. Only rideshare vehicles with official decals and credentials will have access to a drop off area on site. Make sure to enter “MIDDLE HARBOR SHORELINE PARK” as your destination.
Friends/Family pick-up/drop off location is at the West Oakland BART Station. The free shuttle service from West Oakland BART will bring you to the festival entrance.
ADA vehicles will need a verified ADA placard, permit, or license plate to enter the event site. The person to whom the placard or plate is issued to must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger. This will be verified by law enforcement upon entry.
Second Sky Music Festival 2019 Do’s & Don’ts:
- Audio Recording Devices
- Balloons, Balls, Inflatable Balls, Frisbees
- Body Armor
- Bota Bags
- Caution Tape/Rope
- Chains/Chain Wallets
- Custom Signs
- Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia
- Drones, Remote Control Aircraft, Toys or Cars
- Fireworks/Explosives/Flammable Liquids
- Golf Carts, Dune Buggies, Electronic/Motorized Scooters
- Hover Boards, Segway’s, Self-Balance Wheels
- Large Misters
- Laser Pointers
- LED Gloves, Hula Hoops or Glow Sticks
- Musical Instruments
- Outside Food or Beverage
- Professional Cameras/Video Cameras
- Selfie Sticks
- Spray Paint or Markers
- Squirt Guns
- Umbrellas (beach, rain, etc.)
- Vape/E-Cig Liquid Refills
- Weapons of any Kind (Includes Guns, Ammo, Pocket Knives, Pepper Spray, etc.)
- Wagons or Wheeled Carts
- Backpacks (medium)
- Blankets or Beach Towels
- Cigarettes (unopened)
- Dancing Shoes
- Digital Cameras (NO detachable Lens)
- Disposable Cameras
- Ear Plugs
- Empty reusable water bottles (no glass) & Camelbaks (64 oz. or less)
- Fanny Packs
- Film Cameras (NO Detachable Lens)
- GoPro’s (NO Poles/Extenders)
- Polaroid Cameras
- Rechargeable Batteries (Mophies)
- Single Compartment Purses
- Small Bags (20″x20″ or less)
- Sun Block (Non-aerosol)
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Second Sky Music Festival.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!
Connect with Porter Robinson:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | SoundCloud