Heading to Movement Music Festival in Detroit this year? Stay in the know with this essential info!
Hosted over Memorial Day Weekend, Movement Music Festival has become one of North America’s most renowned destinations for lovers of the sounds of the underground. Annually boasting an absolutely stacked lineup featuring the best and brightest of the house and techno scene, the excitement is palpable.
With less than two weeks to go before house and techno fans from all over the world descend upon the Motor City, we’ve compiled all the information you’ll need to have a fantastic weekend in Detroit at Movement, so read on for the set times, which items to leave at home, and more.
Movement Detroit 2019 – Essential Info:
Box Office Hours:
- Friday, May 25 from 5pm – 9pm
- Saturday, May 26 from 10am – 11:30pm
- Sunday, May 27 from 12pm – 11:30pm
- Monday, May 28 from 12pm – 11:30pm
The will call and box office are located in the outdoor plaza in front of the Cobo Convention Center, directly west of Hart Plaza at Jefferson and Washington Boulevard.
- Saturday, May 26 from 2pm – 12am
- Sunday, May 27 from 2pm – 12am
- Monday, May 28 from 2pm – 12am
Not finding what you need? Check the official Movement Music Festival website for every bit of information you need for the festival!
A new change for this year’s edition is that attendees will be stamped upon entry each day.
The goal of this change is to reduce fraud and increase safety of participants. Attendees must have a wristband and stamp in order to re-enter the festival, should they choose to leave before the event concludes each day. In the event that your stamp rubs or washes off, you will need to visit customer service, located at the Box Office, with a photo ID and the credit card that was used to purchase your ticket.
Movement Detroit 2019 Set Times:
Movement Detroit 2019 Festival Map:
Movement Music Festival 2019 Do’s & Don’ts:
• Baby strollers
• Backpacks (Standard school sized. No framed backpacks or camping gear)
• Blankets, sheets, towels
• Cameras (no detachable lenses) – must be without equipment attachments such as camera stands, selfie sticks, tripods, and monopods
• Empty CamelBak-type hydration packs and water bottles, and plastic or aluminum water bottles
• Umbrella (hand-held ONLY and no bigger than 42 in. when open)
• Aerosol containers, including sunscreen and personal beauty products
• Any and all professional audio recording equipment
• Shoulder-mounted video cameras
• Cameras with detachable lenses, camera stands, monopods, tripods, attachment sticks (selfie sticks) or other commercial equipment
• Drones or any other remote flying device
• Laser pointers
• Coolers of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
• Framed backpacks
• Glass and metal containers of any kind, except for aluminum water bottles
• Illegal and illicit substances of any kind
• Outside food or beverage (including alcohol)
• Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts or any personal motorized vehicles (with the exception of disability-related items)
• Pets (except documented service animals)
• Professional radios or walkie-talkies
• Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed
• No solicitation and/or promotional materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, giveaways, samples, etc.
• Weapons or explosives of any kind
• Bicycles inside festival grounds (free bike valet is available east of the festival entrance)
• Carts or wagons of any kind.
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Movement Music Festival.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!