Heading to Coachella this year? Stay in the know with all the essential info so you have an amazing time on the Polo Grounds!
Coachella is only a few short days away and we could not be more excited for two weekends of dancing away to the beat in the desert sun. From the star-studded lineup with headliners such as Ariana Grande, Tame Impala, and Childish Gambino to the revamping of the Heineken House and expanded Do LaB stage, this year is shaping up to be an outstanding one.
Coming off a massive 2018 that truly delivered a standout festival experience, we can’t wait to see what the Goldenvoice team has in store for everyone that will be attending this year. To help get you prepped to have an amazing time in Indio this month we’ve compiled all the essential information you need to know before you go, so check it out below and let us know who you’re most excited to catch this year in the comments!
Coachella 2019 Essential Info:
Dates: Weekend One – April 12 – 14; Weekend Two – April 19-21
Hours: 11 – about 12:30 AM daily
Venue Address: Empire Polo Club, Indio, CA
Acceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- ID is not necessary for entry as the event is all ages, but if you are 21+ and planning on purchasing alcohol once inside you will need a government-issued form of identification.
Weekend 2 Sunday Service Info:
Sunday Service will be held at the mountain in camping. Upon arrival to site, make your way to camping. Follow signs and staff direction to reach the mountain.
Shuttles starting at 6am
- Renaissance Palm Springs
Shuttles starting at 6:30am
- Agua Caliente
Shuttles starting at 7am
- JW Marriott
- La Quinta
- Indian Wells Tennis Garden
- Albertsons Palm Desert
*Shuttles available on a first come/first serve basis. All fans must have a shuttle pass to ride.
Coacella 2019 – Set Times – Weekend 2:
Coachella 2019 – Festival Map:
Coachella 2019 – Camping Map:
Coachella 2019 – Parking Map:
Coachella 2019 Do’s & Don’ts:
Prohibited Items in the Venue
- NO Aerosol Products – Incl. Sunscreen
- NO Air Horns
- NO Animals – Service Animals Allowed (See ADA Page)
- NO Audio Recording Devices
- NO AVPs, Mods, Liquid Refills for Vapes
- NO Chairs – Incl. Inflatable, Folding
- NO Chains – Incl. Chain Wallets
- NO Coolers
- NO Cameras (Professional) – Defined As Having A Detachable Lens
- NO Drones or Remote Control Vehicles or Toys
- NO Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia – Incl. Cannabis, Cannabis Products. Prescriptions must be in properly labeled containers that match the holder’s ID. (No pillboxes.)
- NO Flammables – Incl. Fireworks, Explosives, Road Flares
- NO Flags or Totems
- NO Flashlights
- NO Flyers, Samples, Giveaways, Promotional Items
- NO Glass or Metal Containers – Incl. Refillable Water Bottles
- NO No Glow Sticks, LED Gloves, or LED Products
- NO Hula Hoops
- NO Musical Instruments
- NO Kites or Sky Lanterns
- NO Laser Pointers
- NO Massagers
- NO Outside Food or Beverage
- NO Personal Vehicles – Bicycles, Skates, Scooters, Skateboards, Hoverboards, Segways, Electric Scooters (Birds, Limes), etc. Personal Mobility Devices for ADA Guest Are Allowed. (See ADA Page)
- NO Selfie Sticks, Tripods or Narcisticks
- NO Sharpies, Markers, Paint Pens
- NO Sleeping Bags
- NO Stuffed Animals
- NO Tarps, Tents
- NO Toy Guns, Water Guns or Sling Shots
- NO Umbrellas
- NO Video Cameras
- NO Weapons Of Any Kind – Guns, Ammo, Pocket Knives, Tasers, Pepper Spray/Mace, etc. Including off-duty law enforcement or concealed carry permits.
- YES Baby Strollers
- YES Backpacks, Purses, Handbags, Totes, Fanny Packs – Max size 20″ x 15″ x 9″
- YES Blankets (Small) & Beach Towels
- YES Binoculars
- YES Bota Bags – Empty when entering Venue.
- YES Cameras – Detachable lens cameras are not allowed.
- YES Cigarettes
- YES Dancing Shoes
- YES E-Cigs and Vape Pens – No AVPs, Mods or Liquid Refills for Vapes
- YES Hydration Packs (i.e., CamelBaks) Plastic only and empty when entering Venue.
- YES Ear Plugs
- YES Eye Drops
- YES GoPros
- YES Gum and Mints
- YES Hand Sanitizer and Baby Wipes
- YES Hats
- YES Laptop Computers and Tablets
- YES Lighters
- YES Lip Balm
- YES Makeup
- YES Parasols
- YES Phones and Chargers
- YES Service Animals (See ADA Page)
- YES Smiles
- YES Sunscreen – Pump or cream only. No aerosols.
- YES Sunglasses
- YES Walkie Talkies
- YES Water Bottles – No Metal or Glass, 40 oz. or Less and empty when entering Venue.
- YES Water Misters – Empty when entering Venue.
Coachella 2019 Camping Information:
- Amplified Sound – Incl. Large Speakers, DJ Sound Systems, Non-Factory Installed Car Audio
- Animals – Service Animals Are Allowed (See ADA Guide)
- Branded Pop-Up Canopies or Tents
- Compressed Gas Tanks – Incl. Helium, Nitrous (haha), etc.
- Drones or Remote Control Vehicles or Toys
- Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia – Incl. Cannabis and Cannabis Products. Prescriptions must be in properly labeled containers that match the holder’s ID. (No pillboxes.)
- Extra Car Batteries
- Flammables – Incl. Fireworks, Explosives, Ammunition. Propane stoves allowed in Car Camping only.
- Flashlights Over 5.5” In Length
- Furniture – Sofas, Couches, Recliners, Lay-Z-Boys, Home Furnishings, Non-Inflatable Mattresses. Leave No Trace.
- Glass Of Any Kind – Incl. Beer Bottles or Containers. Incl. Large Mirrors, Solar Panels, Lights, etc.
- Heating Appliances
- Metal Tent Stakes
- Open Flames (GPS, we are not talking about you.) – Incl. Campfires, Candles, Tiki Torches. Propane stoves allowed in Car Camping only.
- Party Balloons
- Personal Vehicles – Skates, Scooters, Skateboards, Hoverboards, Segways, Electric Scooters (Birds, Limes…), etc. Personal Mobility Devices for ADA Guest Are Allowed. (See ADA Guide). Bicycles Are Allowed.
- Rugs or Astroturf
- Sports Equipment – Incl. Golf Clubs, Bats, Hockey Sticks, etc.
- Squirt Guns Or Water Toys
- Tools – Incl. Sledgehammers, Screwdrivers, Hammers, Shovels, Gardening Tools, Metal Mallets, Wood Chippers
- Weapons Of Any Kind – Guns, Ammo, Tasers, Pepper Spray/Mace, etc. Knives (Incl. Cooking or Steak Knives). Includes off-duty law enforcement or concealed carry permits
- Workout Equipment – Incl. Kettlebells, Dumbbells, Barbells, etc.
- Wrapped or Sponsored Vehicles – Your vehicle will be turned away if it has ads, marketing, sponsors or company logos on it. Rental company logos permitted.
- Vending – Inventory will be considered surrendered and not returned.
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Coachella.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!