Are you ready to dance with the alien invaders at Countdown NYE this year? Stay in the know with all of the essential info!
After the aliens announced that they would be touching down from the far reaches of the galaxy to invade Southern California earlier this year, the hype for their arrival at Countdown NYE has grown to an all-time high. Now, we’re just days away from their takeover at the NOS Events Center in San Bernardino and it’s time to get prepped for a weekend filled with stunning beats and otherworldly production from Insomniac.
While being invaded by aliens doesn’t necessarily sound like it would go all too well for humans, some brave DJs will be dominating the decks at Countdown NYE to mark the occasion. This includes major names in the scene such as RL Grime, Rezz, Afrojack, Tiesto, Audien, Major Lazer, and Borgore, along with rising stars ranging from Luke Andy and SIDEPIECE to Chee and Level Up. And if you’re looking to dive into the sounds that will permeate speakers at Countdown NYE then take a peek at our playlist!
Related: Are you still thinking about what to wear at Countdown NYE? Check out our post highlighting some out-of-this-world ideas!
Over the past few weeks new information has trickled in for this year’s edition of Countdown NYE, and we’ve compiled it all for you so you can stay safe when partying with these extraterrestrial beings. Read on for the set times, festival map, what you can and can’t bring with you, and more!
Countdown NYE 2021 Essential Info:
Dates: December 31, 2021 – January 1, 2022
Show Hours: 4pm – 2am, Daily
Will Call Hours: Thursday, December 30 (Off-Site at Academy LA): 3:00pm – 8:00pm, December 31 and January 1 (On-Site at NOS): 11:00am – 1:00am
Venue Address: 689 S. E St San Bernardino, CA 92408
Tickets: Purchase HERE
Ages: You must be 18+ to enter and 21+ for alcohol. Valid photo ID is required
In an effort to keep attendees safe, Countdown NYE will be following all guidelines set by the CDC and state and local officials, which can be found on their website. To be admitted into the festival, attendees must provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID test taken within 72-hours prior to entering the festival. A photo on your phone of your vaccination card or negative result is sufficient for entry. You will need to show these to staff upon entry.
Countdown NYE 2021 Set Times:
Countdown NYE 2021 Festival, Shuttle, and Parking Maps:
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting party-goers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Countdown NYE.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!
Countdown NYE 2021 Do’s & Don’ts:
- NO Aerosol products/cans
- NO Balls or Frisbees
- NO Bota bags
- NO Costumes that resemble public safety uniforms (police, SWAT, fire, security, or medical) in any way
- NO Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Eye drops
- NO Gas masks
- NO Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- NO Helium balloons
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Large chains or spiked jewelry
- NO Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- NO Laser pointers and air horns
- NO LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- NO Liquid makeup
- NO Markers, pens or spray paint
- NO Massagers
- NO Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- NO Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- NO Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at first aid station)
- NO Pacifiers
- NO Pets
- NO Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Stuffed animals or dolls
- NO Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- NO Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- NO Unsealed tampons or pads (upon entry)
- NO Weapon or weapon accessories of any kind, real or fictional (including whips, lightsabers, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, fake weapons/props, etc.)
- NO Wind chairs/sofas
- YES Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- YES Cigarettes (must be sealed upon entry) and lighters
- YES Deodorant (must be sealed at entry)
- YES E-cigs/vapes (Refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon entry. One bottle sealed/unopened E-liquid or E-juice will be permitted.)
- YES Earplugs
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines)
- YES Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- YES Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Gum (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Hula hoops—including LED hoops
- YES Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- YES Juuls (one factory-sealed Juul Pod OK at entry)
- YES LED whips, poi, & orbitals
- YES Lip balm, lip gloss, and lipstick (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, Polaroids, etc.)
- YES Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon arrival)
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- YES Powder makeup (liquid makeup is prohibited)
- YES Rain ponchos and umbrellas measuring less than 10″ when collapsed
- YES Reusable water bottles (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Selfie sticks
- YES Small bags, single-compartment bags, plush bags, purses (maximum 12″x12″)
- YES Sunglasses & hats
- YES Sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- YES Tampons and pads (must be sealed at entry)
- YES Wet wipes (must be sealed at entry)
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.