Rising house artist HoneyLuv swung by and curated ten tunes to get everyone grooving ahead of her set at Seismic Dance Event 4.0.
Few artists in the scene have a dynamic backstory quite like HoneyLuv. Originally playing basketball while attending college, it wasn’t until she joined the Navy that her dreams of being involved in the dance music scene truly blossomed. Now based out of Los Angeles, she began to hone her skills behind the decks at clubs and during her own radio show, while quickly catching the attention of beloved tastemakers Desert Hearts.
This year has only continued to see HoneyLuv take her career to the next level. Not only has she dropped some sensational tunes in 2021 like “F R E E,” “PAIN,” and “TOUCH,” but she’s also graced the stage at EDC Las Vegas and the newly minted Day Trip Festival. While she’s set to play the upcoming editions of Audiotistic San Diego and Lightning in a Bottle, this weekend will see HoneyLuv head to Texas to give everyone a taste of her sound at Seismic Dance Event 4.0.
Ahead of her set that’s sure to be filled to the brim with house heaters to open the event at the Frequency Stage on Friday, HoneyLuv curated ten of her favorite tunes right now to help everyone catch a vibe. So check out her playlist on Spotify, read on for why she selected those tunes, and grab tickets to the event via their website!
Stream the HoneyLuv’s Top 10 – Seismic Dance Event 4.0 Playlist on Spotify:
HoneyLuv’s Top 10
- UNIIQU3 – Microdosing – I chose this song because I absolutely loveeeeee UNIIQU3. She is definitely paving the way for the girls in the electronic scene. I particularly love this song because it’s super catchy and the Jersey club beat is fuego.
- Goapele – Closer – I chose this song because this was actually the song that really inspired me to chase after my dreams. The lyrics, “closer to my dreams,” hits home for me because I am living my dream at the moment and it’s a beautiful thing to experience.
- ESSEL – Love Vibration – I chose this song because it reminds me of that classic 90’s house sound mixed with the new school. Plus the song is just a vibe. The song is definitely being played in my sets when I’m DJing.
- Jamie Jones – Handy Work – I chose this song because I’m a huge fan of Jamie and his journey into the house scene. I particularly love this new song of his because I’m obsessed with the old school house elements that he used in this track, especially the vocals. Super bouncy and a major vibe.
- John Julius Knight, Roland Clark, Marco Lys – This Is House (Marco Lys Remix) – I chose this song because Roland Clark is a close friend of mine and I’m also a huge fan of his music and Marco Lys. Two of them together on a track; Magic has to be created. I just love the percussion elements the most in this track, it’s super groovy.
- MK – Mirror / Mirror – I chose this song because I’m a huge fan of the authentic sound of house music which is displayed here in this track. This song here reminds me of the house music my mother would play when I was younger. Plus, I’m a huge MK fan, and it’s been a pleasure to be able to be on tour with a pioneer such as himself.
- Hardrive – Deep Inside – I chose this song because I used to sing along with the lyrics when I was little so this song has stuck with me since then. The song is literally timeless and is truly a masterpiece.
- Rihanna – Same Ol’ Mistakes – I chose this song because Rihanna is my favorite artist of all time. This song has such a chill groovy vibe and really speaks to me. The lyrics really hit home for me; about being you and not caring about what others think.
- Tame Impala – Borderline – I chose this song because this was the first song that introduced me to the talented Tame Impala. The song reminds me of the 70’s and I have an obsession for classic sounds. His voice is just so dope to me and I’ve been a fan since.
- &Me – Garden – I chose this song because I feel Afro house is the best genre in house music. There is so much soul and good energy in the music it’s hard not to move a shoulder or two. I love the classic sounds of Africa that creates this track, it’s truly beautiful.