Café del Mar celebrates a monumental four decades of sunsets and chillout music on the White Isle with a new two mix compilation!
Electronic music has few true institutions that have lasted beyond twenty years. Venues close, labels pass by as time flows on, and yet, places like the White Isle of Ibiza remain. Venues on the island gain cult status in the minds of fans – Amnesia, Space, DC10, Pacha, and Privilege all come flooded with amazing memories and experiences. On the other side of the island though, a different more bohemian style takes over centered on the famous sunset strip. It was forty years ago that the electronic music institution of Café del Mar first opened on June 20, 1980.
Owners Carlos Andrea, José Les, and Ramón Guiral grew together on the idea of simplicity. In their mind the unity between a unique soundtrack and a universal concept – enjoying a nice drink with friends – made perfect sense to pursue as a venue. They taped the shoulder of famed Catalonian architect Lluis Güell and crafted the venue into Café del Mar in Caló Des Moro bay, Sant Antoni de Portmany. From there, the atmosphere pulled in thousands of guests – sunsets, food, crafted cocktails, and a chilled soundscape shared among travelers from around the world.
To that end, Café del Mar delivered in droves and created not only a brilliant venue with views to last a lifetime (fortunate to have experienced these personally and will confirm – sunsets are stunning) but also a stirring label that is the pinnacle of chill-out recognition. In the continued spirit of the venue and label, Café del Mar released a stunning double mix album in support of its 40 years of history.
Dive deep into the atmospheres from the back catalogs of artists like Groove Armada, Sven Väth, Blank & Jones, and John Digweed, and discover the depths of chillout thanks to Joe T Vannelli, 4Hero, or Deep Forest. With all that is hectic in 2020, refresh yourself with the 40th Anniversary compilation of Café del Mar!
Grab your own copy for your streaming library or purchase it in full by on your favorite platform!
Stream Cafe del Mar 40th Anniversary on Spotify:
Café del Mar – 40th Anniversary (mixed by Toni Simonen) – Tracklist:
- The Beloved – The Sun Rising (Gentle Night)
- Kinobe – Slip into Something More Comfortable (Stephen Hague 2016 Mix)
- The Ballistic Brothers – Portobello Café
- 4hero – Morning Child
- Groove Armada – Fireside Favourite
- Mignon ft. Esra – Me Voy Soñando (This Is Not Heaven)
- Sven Väth & Ralf Hildenbeutel – L’Esperanza (Single Edit)
- Morgan King – I’m Free (Full Length La Serrena Radio Edit)
- Ashley Slater – Private Sunshine (Radio Sunshine Mix)
- Bent – Private Road
- Language Lab – Burning Disaster (Groove Armada Bedtime Story Mix)
- Intravert – Something In It
- Lol Hammond – Baby Piano
- Joe T Vannelli ft. Csilla – Play With Vannelli (Tool Pad)
- No-Man – Only Rain
- FC Kahuna ft. Hafdís Huld – Hayling (John Digweed & Nick Muir Reprise)
- Double Dee – Found Love (Reprise)
- A Man Called Adam – Easter Song (North Star Dub)
- Blank & Jones – Breezin’ (Bruno From Ibiza Mix)
- Kaoru Inoue presents Chari Chari – Aurora
- The Pilotwings – La Réconciliation des Intermittents
- Pat & Pats – Tobago (Miro’s Piano Paradise)
- Los Twangueros – Entre Dos Aguas (On-U Sound Remix)
- Il Guardiano Del Faro – Disco Divina
- Chris Coco & Afterlife – How Does It Feel
- Aim – Sail (Rae & Christian Remix)
- Deep Forest – Sweet Lullaby (Ambient Mix)
- Gallo – Faron (Fabrizio Mammarella Ambient Remix)
- Jerome Sydenham & Mikael Nordgren – Stockholm Go Bang! (Beatless)