Do you have what it takes to land a spot on the Silent Disco lineup at Dirtybird Campout West? Here is your chance to show them what you are made of!
As we prepare to make our way over to the Modesto Reservoir Campgrounds on October 4-6, the flock is officially primed and ready to hear what you have been dreaming up in the studio! Every year, Dirtybird Campout West opens up a special opportunity for the inspiring DJ who believes that they have the goods to get the crowd moving and grooving, like last year’s winner, Plus Size Models. Well, it’s time to get those creative juices flowing as it has been just announced that the DJ/producer contest will return for their 2019 edition.
All it takes is the development of a 30-minute mini-mix that represents who you are as a DJ/producer while staying true to the essence of the Dirtybird brand. While there will be many entries, only one will be chosen for the ultimate prize, a one-hour timeslot to play at the Silent Disco! It is important to note that the contest winner will be chosen by Dirtybird label judges and Claude VonStroke, not simply based on the popular vote (although it does help for exposure).
Related: Looking for all the amazing artists who are heading to Dirtybird Campout West this year? Check out the full lineup post!
This is your time to shine, so go all in. Special edits, personal ID’s, and released originals are all welcome and encouraged. But, the key to this contest is the ability to make your listeners feel something. To provide an experience that captures the attention of the dance community, inspiring all to look your way in reverence. If you are ready to bring your unique musical styling to light, pulling you out from the pack and landing you at the precipice of stardom, then we are here to give you the nudge! The rest is up to you!
Read on below for the official rules and prize details and head over to Mixcloud to get started!
Dirtybird Campout West 2019 DJ Contest Information
- Play a 1-hour set at Dirtybird Campout 2019 Silent Disco Stage (Oct 4-6, 2019)
- 2 Artists Passes
- Available to camp in Artist Area
- 1 Vehicle Pass
- Meet and Greet with Counselor VonStroke during the weekend
- Mix Shared on Dirtybird’s platforms
How to enter:
- Step 1: Read ALL of the instructions, qualifications, and rules below before you get started to be 100% sure you’re eligible to participate.
- Step 2: Create a mix no longer than 30 minutes inspired by Dirtybird Campout.
- Step 3: Upload your mix to Mixcloud, and be sure the mix isn’t on private setting.
- Step 4: Download and use the cover art provided HERE.
- Step 5: Use the following format for your mix’s title: “Dirtybird Campout 2019 DJ Contest: – YOUR DJ NAME” (i.e. “Dirtybird Campout 2019 DJ Contest: – DJ Eager Beaver”)
- Step 6: Tag the mix with “Dirtybird Campout 2019 DJ Contest“. If you fail to tag the mix correctly, your entry may be missed.
- Step 7: Add the full track listing in the typical Mixcloud format: Track Number – Artist – Track Title
- Step 8: Fill out the short submission form HERE, providing your contact information, mix link, and a brief explanation of why you think you deserve a DJ slot at Campout 2019.
- Step 9: Once your mix is public and your form is submitted, share your mix on socials and get your friends and fans to vote for you by “Liking” your mix.
- Submit 30-minute (max) mix
- Must be 21+ years of age to enter
- Contest open to US Residents only
- Travel & accommodation is not included
- Must be available to play at Dirtybird Campout from Oct 4-6, 2019
The judging will be undertaken by Counselor VonStroke and the Dirtybird label team. Entrants will be judged on content selection, originality, technical ability, creativity, and the overall feeling of the mix and appropriateness for Campout.
Community Votes – Getting the most “votes” aka Mixcloud “Likes” will increase exposure and consideration, but the winner will ultimately be chosen by the judging panel regardless of its ranking.
Deadline for entries: July 31, 2019
Voting Deadline: August 13, 2019