Be prepared heading into Camp Bisco with these tips to maximize your weekend full of epic beats!
It’s the moment festival-goers have been waiting for: Camp Bisco is just days away! Soon friends and strangers will be dancing together atop Montage Mountain to a stunningly diverse array of music. To make your experience a little more seamless, we’ve compiled a list of the Camp Bisco essentials. All of your questions about security, transportation, and navigating stages will be answered here, so pay close attention!
To get hyped up for this unique festival, check out my top picks playing at Camp Bisco 2018!
Camp Bisco 2018 – Essential Info:
Date: July 12-14, 2018
Location: Montage Mountain, Scranton, PA, 18507
Hours: RV passes can arrive beginning at 4pm on 7/11, VIP passes at 8pm, GA passes at 10pm. Music starts 3:30pm on Thursday, 12pm on Friday, and 12pm on Saturday.
Facebook Event Page: RSVP HERE
Tickets: Purchase HERE
Acceptable Forms of Identification for Entry:
- US government-issued driver license or ID card displaying a photograph and date of birth.
- US or foreign government-issued passport displaying a photograph and date of birth.
- Foreign government-issued driver license with a color photocopy of a foreign government-issued passport with both documents displaying both a photograph and date of birth.
- NOT ACCEPTED: School IDs, consular IDs, expired identification of ANY kind (even if listed on the “acceptable” list), birth certificates, photocopies of any identification document except as noted in the “acceptable” list.
- Please be advised that without an acceptable form of identification, you will be denied entry and no ticket refunds will be available.
Camp Bisco 2018 Set Times & Festival Map:
Camp Bisco set times are not yet available on the official website, but they are posted on the Camp Bisco app! Craft your own schedule by downloading the app today for iOS or Android.
A map of the grounds will be posted on the Camp Bisco app shortly before the festival begins.
To camp at Camp Bisco, you will need to purchase a 3-Day Pass (GA or VIP) + Camping Bundle. Be aware that simply purchasing a 3-Day Pass will not allow you access into the camping grounds. The 3-Day Pass + Camping Bundle gets you access to the entire festival grounds (including the waterpark), campgrounds, and RV lot. If you have already purchased a 3-Day Pass without the Camping Bundle, you can contact Front Gate Tickets to make an exchange.
Because Camp Bisco takes place on top of a mountain, camping looks a little differently than it may at other festivals. There is NO car-side camping at Camp Bisco. To help make setting up camp a little easier, there is a wagon service to get you from the camping parking lot/gear drop off area to the campgrounds. A large number of shuttles, all-terrain golf carts, and staff are provided to make your camping experience as easy as it can be on Montage Mountain.
There is continuous valet service throughout the weekend, but it is encouraged that Camp Bisco attendees still pack light and bring something with wheels to transport gear in (such as a utility cart or wheelbarrow).
If you’re okay with spending a little more, several Glamping options are available at Camp Bisco 2018. Check out the festival’s Glamping bundles to make your camping experience just a little more seamless. If you’re not camping, you can park on onsite lots if you paid for a parking pass. Onsite parking passes are currently sold out, but not to worry: you can park at an off-site lot and be shuttled to the event from there.
For more information on ADA-accommodated camping and RV camping, visit Camp Bisco’s camping page.
Camp Bisco 2018 Prohibited Items:
Please be advised that your vehicle will be thoroughly searched upon entry to the campgrounds. Below is a list of the festival’s prohibited and allowed items.
- Glass containers of any kind
- Charcoal grills (small propane grills are allowed)
- Chinese lanterns
- Gasoline (unless you have a generator in RV)
- Fires of any kind
- Vending of any kind is not allowed
- Box trucks
- Kegs or excessive alcohol (1 case or 1 bottle of liquor per person)
- Professional cameras with detachable lenses
- Video cameras
- Laser pointers
- Paint/permanent markers
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal substances
- Coolers and outside food and beverage (besides a 1 gallon water container)
- Pack light and bring a utility cart of sorts to help carry your camping gear to your campsite.
- See our Camping Guide to maximize your camping experience and be prepared for everything.
- Lock your car and your tent to secure your personal belongings.
- Bring flow toys: hoops, pixelwhips, gloves, etc. are allowed on festival grounds.
- Get pumped listening to our Camp Bisco Spotify playlist!
- Have fun and be respectful of the venue, staff, and other attendees!
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Camp Bisco.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!