Are you ready for the first-ever Camp EDC experience at EDC Las Vegas? Stay in the know with all the essential info!
When Pasquale Rotella announced that this year would mark the first-ever chance for Headliners to camp at EDC Las Vegas, the hype began to grow. Many longtime attendees were hyped on a new experience at EDCLV, while others who hadn’t considered attending in the past were drawn to the festival as well. As the months went on more details were announced, from the opening party featuring Excision to the list of epic activities to take part in, the excitement for Camp EDC is at an all-time high.
Knowing how crazy EDC Week can be and wanting to make sure you’re prepared for what’s in store at Camp EDC this year, we’ve compiled some of the most crucial information that you’ll need to know. Check it out below and let us know what you’re most excited for this year in the comments!
Looking for EDC Las Vegas 2018 Set Times, the Festival Map, and more? Check our comprehensive essentials post for more details!
Camp EDC 2018 Essential Info:
Dates: May 17-21, 2018
Hours: Thursday, May 17, 3pm – Monday, May 21, 7pm. All campers must be fully packed and vacating the campground by 7pm on Monday, May 21.
Venue Address: Las Vegas Motor Speedway – 7000 N Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89115
Camp EDC Check-In:
- Thursday, May 17: 3pm–2am
- Friday, May 18: 9am–2pm
- Saturday, May 19: 9am–2pm
TEXTING SERVICE: If you need security, medical or any other assistance, just text “EDC” to 69050, stating your location and the nature of the issue. Example: EDC – My friend isn’t feeling well. Can someone please come check on her? She’s at the corner of 1st & Wide Awake.
Camp EDC Ins & Outs Info:
- All campers will have in/out privileges to and from the festival (during festival hours) and a dedicated campers-only festival entrance.
- Campers must scan in & out when going from the campground to the festival and vice versa. This is required in order to gain re-entry.
- Campers with a valid Camp EDC wristband are allowed to leave Camp EDC on foot.
- Festivalgoers who do not have valid Camp EDC wristbands will not have in/out privileges from the festival to the campground or access to the campground at any time.
Camp EDC 2018 Set Times:
- The weekend begins with the official Camp EDC Kickoff Party on Thursday, from 10pm–3am, featuring a special performance by famed dubstep producer Excision, who will headline the Parliament Art Car, as well as fierce sets by G Jones and Habstrakt.
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons from 1–4pm, campers are invited to the Oasis Pool for our Daytime Pool Parties, hosted by Space Yacht (Friday), Insomniac Records (Saturday), and Brownies & Lemonade All Stars (Sunday).
- The festival ends at sunup on Monday, but for campers, the official EDC Closing Party goes till 10am! Convene in the Mesa for one last hurrah, and see what special guests we have in store!
Camp EDC 2018 Activity Schedule:
Camp EDC 2018 Map:
Camp EDC 2018 Camp Space Guidelines:
Camp EDC 2018 Alcohol Policy:
- You must be 21+ to consume alcohol in the campground.
- If entering with alcohol, you must present government-issued identification. Law enforcement will frequent the campground and randomly card campers seen drinking alcohol. Underage drinkers risk receiving a citation or even being arrested. 21+ campers are advised to carry their government-issued identification AT ALL TIMES.
- Liquor is NOT permitted at all.
- Beer and wine are OK but are limited to one case of canned beer OR up to 5 liters of boxed wine per person.
- Glass bottles are not permitted.
Camp EDC 2018 Camping Policies:
- Upon check-in, one person from each EDC tent camping group must present a credit card with a matching valid photo ID. A temporary $250 hold will be placed on the credit card until the tent and equipment are inspected upon checkout. You are responsible for any and all damages to the tent and equipment while in your possession and any repair costs and/or excessive cleaning costs incurred as a result of your use of the tent and equipment.
- Each campsite will feature a 4-port USB strip in which to plug their electronic devices.
- For any additional accessories that need to be plugged into a standard electrical outlet, charging stations will be provided in the Mesa, as well as near the shower compounds.
- Each tent will be provided with enough power to sustain operation for the air-conditioning unit and USB strip. Unplugging either the air conditioner or the USB power plug and connecting an external item runs the risk of overloading the circuit, posing a safety hazard to the rest of the campground.
- If a guest unplugs the air conditioner or USB strip, camping personnel reserve the right to unplug the tent from the power grid for the remainder of the festival. This is for the safety and comfort of all guests of Camp EDC.
- Each camper must have a valid festival ticket and camping pass and must arrive ready in their RV.
- RVs may not be dropped off or picked up by a third party.
- RVs must be Class A, B or C, ranging from 19′ to 45′.
- Truck campers and fifth wheels are allowed, as long as they have a separate onboard generator (or you purchase a power add-on), along with an air conditioner unit that doesn’t require the vehicle to be on to operate. No refueling service will be available, so campers are advised to use their accommodations accordingly.
- You may not exceed the total permitted length of 45 feet, including tow vehicle if applicable. If you are bringing a separate vehicle or non-motorized trailer that can’t fit in the provided RV camping space, you must purchase a vehicle add-on.
- All RVs must have a working air conditioner powered by an onboard generator—the vehicle engine may NOT be left running.
- All RV guests must arrive at the campground with a full tank of fuel to prevent issues with air conditioning.
- No personal generator refueling will be permitted.
- If you have opted to purchase power, you must bring a 75-foot cable with the proper connector.
- If you are connected to a 30A or 50A power supply, and your RV overloads the power source, tripping the fuse, the breaker will be reset and you will be issued a one-time warning. If it occurs a second time, your RV will be disconnected from the power grid, without a refund, for the remainder of the festival.
- Once parked, RVs may not be moved until 9am on Monday, May 21, unless leaving the festival and not returning. If you would like to leave the campsite before the end of the weekend, please reach out to a Camp EDC staff member for an escort.
Camp EDC 2018 Do’s & Don’ts:
- Small, portable propane grills/stoves* with small tanks, up to 4 lbs per group (propane bottles that are part of your RV/camping trailer’s internal system are OK, even if they exceed 4 lbs)
- Non-amplified (acoustic) musical instruments
- USB-powered/personal portable speakers (no amplified sound systems)
- Hydration packs
- Fanny packs
- Sealed packs of gum
- Sealed lip balm/gloss
- Sealed/wrapped tampons
- Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes
- E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon arrival)
- Factory-sealed e-juice (allowed upon entry into campground but not into festival grounds)
- Glowsticks (string glowstick/LED poi is permitted but must be performed 5’ away from others)
- Glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- Hula hoops (especially LED hoops!)
- Personal-size pool floaties (made for no more than one adult)
- Non-professional flash/still cameras and hand-held video cameras (e.g., Sony Action Cam, GoPro)
- Cell phones
- Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon arrival)*
- Metal stakes & hammers
- Butane grills or accessories, such as torches
- Gas generators (solar-powered generators OK)
- Open campfires or fires/flames of any kind (propane grills OK)
- Steel knives and other utensils deemed as weapons
- Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, etc.)
- Glass bottles (small bottles of perfume/cologne are OK)
- Breakable glass or acrylic mirrors (compact makeup and shatter-proof plastic mirrors measuring less then 8″x8″ are OK)
- LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- Spray paint
- Air horns
- Large speaker systems (Sound systems are limited to USB-powered/personal portable speakers. No amplified sound systems allowed. Insomniac reserves the right to remove sound systems that do not follow these guidelines, and repeat offenders of noise complaints are subject to removal from the campground.)
- Professional recording equipment—photo, video or audio (detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Motorized vehicles of any kind, including golf carts, dune buggies, off-road motorcycles, and Segways
- Pets (except service animals)
- Unauthorized vending of food or merchandise, including alcohol
- Promotional flyers, promotional/corporate branded banners, or vehicles displaying sponsorships or ads
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Loose pills without a prescription, or expired medications of any kind (all medications, prescription or otherwise, must be in their original container)
- Liquor (beer and wine OK for 21+)
- Canopies, E-Z UPs, or shade structures (We will be providing plenty of shaded areas at the Mesa for you to enjoy)
- Solar camping showers