Heading to EDC Las Vegas this year? Stay in the know with this essential information so you have a fantastic experience!
EDC Las Vegas is on the horizon and we couldn’t be more excited to be dancing the night away under the electric sky once again! We’ve been counting down the days while getting our outfits and other last minute items ordered while constantly studying the lineup for some new artists to catch.
Whether you’re a first-time attendee or you’ve been a Headliner for years, we know how crazy EDC Week can be. To help you traverse the madness we’ve compiled all the necessary information that you’ll need to have an awesome time at EDC Las Vegas this year!
Want to meet up with some other EDM Identity Fans? Click HERE to check out our group on Facebook!
Looking for details about Camp EDC? Check out our comprehensive post!
EDC Las Vegas 2018 – Essential Info:
Dates: May 18-20, 2018
Venue Address: Las Vegas Motor Speedway – 7000 N Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89115
Ages: 18+, 21+ to drink.
- Parking lots open: 2pm Daily
- cosmicMEADOW gates open: 3pm
- Pre-party & opening ceremony: 4–7pm
- Full grounds open: 7pm–5:30am
Box Office Information:
World Market Center – Pavilion 3: 209 S Grand Central Parkway Las Vegas, NV 89106
- Wed 5/16 & Thurs 5/17: 2pm–midnight
- Friday 5/18: 11am–3am
- Saturday 5/19: 2pm–2am
- Sunday 5/20: 2pm–midnight
If you require assistance or special accommodations, please contact the ADA Team ahead of your trip to EDC Las Vegas. More information about ADA can be found here!
Looking to rent a locker for the event? Single-day and three-day lockers are available to rent! Please note that these lockers are cleared out after each day of the festival!
EDC Las Vegas 2018 Set Times:
Redditor /u/TheHans215 has created some lock screen graphics with the set times for your phone. Click on the images and download them now!
EDC Las Vegas 2018 Opening Ceremony Info:
EDC Las Vegas 2018 Festival Map:
EDC Las Vegas 2018 Parking Map:
EDC Las Vegas 2018 Shuttle Map:
EDC Las Vegas 2018 Traffic Information:
EDC Las Vegas 2018 Box Office Map:
Don’t Forget Your ID:
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
- Any US government-issued driver’s license or ID card containing a photograph and date of birth
- US or foreign government-issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth
- Foreign government-issued driver’s license/ID with color photocopy of passport (not valid for 21+ wristband. To purchase alcohol or enter VIP areas, a physical passport or US ID will be required.)
- Temporary DMV documents proving you are currently renewing a license — ONLY if accompanied by passport or expired license
- School ID
- Consular ID
- Birth certificate
- Expired ID of any kind
- Photocopy of any ID (except as noted above)
- Temporary DMV license without passport or expired license.
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at EDC Las Vegas.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!
EDC Las Vegas 2018 Do’s & Don’ts:
- Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.)
- Selfie sticks
- Small bags, single-compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, purses (maximum 12“x12“)
- Official Insomniac water bottles—must be empty upon entry
Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment—must be empty upon entry
- Fanny packs
- Sunglasses & hats
- Rain ponchos and umbrellas measuring less than 10″ when collapsed
- Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon arrival)
- Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes
- E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon arrival—no E-liquid or E-juice of any kind will be permitted)
- Sealed lip balm & gloss
- Sealed sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- Powder makeup
- Sealed tampons
- Sealed wet wipes
- Sealed packs of gum
- Hula hoops (including LED hoops)
- Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- LED poi & orbitals
- Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines)
- Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Laser pointers and air horns
- Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- Balls or Frisbees
- Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- Illegal substances
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store or from a first aid station)
- LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- Pacifiers, dust masks or gas masks
- Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- Aerosol products/cans
- Liquid makeup
- Unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- E-liquid or E-juice of any kind (a selection of premium liquids from a variety of name-brand vendors will be available inside the venue)
- Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- Markers, pens or spray paint
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Stickers, flyers
- Bota bags
- Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- Stuffed animals or dolls
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.