Pasquale Rotella has been answering questions from Redditors on r/electricdaisycarnival about EDC Las Vegas, Middlelands, and more!
Today, some of the most devoted fans of Electric Daisy Carnival had the opportunity to get their most pressing questions answered by Insomniac Events Founder & CEO, Pasquale Rotella in an exclusive AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit. Coming just one day before the tickets for EDC Las Vegas 2018 go on sale, this was the first AMA that Pasquale has conducted since his last chat with Reddit back in 2014, and the first-ever on the r/electricdaisycarnival subreddit itself.
Get all the information on the EDC Las Vegas 2018 Tickets & Layaway Plans!
Knowing that the platform isn’t the easiest to navigate and that many of you aren’t on Reddit, we’ve collected the top news and updates for you here. Below are many of the responses that will answer your most pressing questions!
EDC Las Vegas 2018 Camping & Shuttle Information
- You’ll be able to come in and out of EDC Las Vegas during the show as long as you have a camping wristband.
- Campgrounds will be located on the property surrounding the Speedway.
- The turn-key tents offered for camping will provide protection from sunlight, and you cannot bring your own tent. There will be multiple shaded areas for both activities and the center camp, which was revealed to be called The Mesa.
- Campers will be able to check in on Thursday for sure, but they are exploring the possibility of allowing people to arrive on Wednesday. Checkout will be at 7PM on Monday.
- Pasquale suggests locking your RV or if you stay in a tent that you bring your own locks. The tents will have luggage lock holes on the zippers and security will roam the grounds as well. In addition, you’ll be able to access your vehicle if you want to lock items there.
- Prices for bringing your own RV to camp will be $250-275, with additional fees for hook-ups. For camping, there will be several different packages ranging between $450-$2,500 for 4 days of camping. More information will be revealed before camping goes on sale.
- Above ground pools and pool parties with DJs are being explored as options for campers and will likely happen along with other activities.
- Yes, you can rent RVs from a third party.
- Non-campers will NOT be able to enter the campgrounds.
- People who buy tickets or do the payment plan will have first chance at buying camping passes.
- Campgrounds and the festival will have water misters.
- Pasquale is confident in the new third-party company providing shuttles. The company provides transportation for the largest live events in the world. The plan is to not have a long wait at shuttles with their new provider.
- Shuttle prices will not go up and stops will be announced before the on-sale date for shuttles.
- There will be added security to the shuttle stops.
- Premiere parking will not return unless it’s 110% improved.
EDC Las Vegas Information including the move to May, stage information, and performers.
- Moving EDC to May was primarily due to the cooler weather. This allowed camping, extended hours, and comfortable temperatures for headliners. Pasquale is also happy that it gives him Father’s Day off.
- They did lots of research regarding the “college finals” dilemma and found that a high percentage of colleges are actually out by then.
- According to Pasquale, EDC Las Vegas uses most of the available LED in the United States.
- EDC will always remain a dance music festival, but they will have fun sometimes with bookings, especially in “Las Vegas, California ;)”
- It was unfortunate what happened with the technical difficulties with DJ Khaled’s set. Pasquale believes it would have been fun had it worked out.
- quantumVALLEY will be updated to be a new open-air stage.
- The megastructure may be brought back, just not for the circuitGROUNDS stage as it could not handle the number of people that want to be at that stage.
- In addition, they are exploring options for a new neonGARDEN stage as well.
- Announcements will come in the future, but they are exploring redesigning kineticFIELD, bassPOD, wasteLAND, neonGARDEN, & upside-downHOUSE.
- There are no plans to relocate any of the stages, but they’re open to suggestions.
- Pasquale will be talking to the head of Food & Beverage at the Speedway after it was brought to his attention that headliners were being ripped off by water vendors and being denied ice in 100-degree weather.
- He may ask fans in a future vote to see what they prefer for the live stream. He has received mixed reviews on having a continuous stream of each stage versus 10-20 minutes from only a handful of DJs.
- He loves old school vibes and sounds and will continue to bring some of them out more often when asked about having more electronic music legends on Insomniac lineups. He also mentioned Fatboy Slim played at EDC Japan and Justice played at HARD Summer.
- Depending on the genre or stage, Pasquale has and will continue to let artists play extended sets.
- The team hopes to be able to make another film about EDC in the future, but there are no current plans.
- kineticFIELD may feature more diversity in genres this year.
- New art cars are planned and will continue having the heavy hitter performers at the intimate stages.
- Early Owl passes will be sold out before Friday, but layaway plans start at less than $50.
- There is no current plan to have elrow host a night at neonGARDEN, but they would be open to it.
- EDC Week might move to the week after EDCLV due to the proximity of Memorial Day Weekend.
- VIP provides unique services for fans and Pasquale is looking to continually improve the experience for those pass holders.
- VIP will NOT be “open bar” this year.
- EDC Las Vegas has no plans to go “cashless” like other festivals have, but Pasquale is curious if fans think they should.
- Artists choose whether or not their sets from EDC Las Vegas get released.
- The giant daisy is in the Insomniac Warehouse, and he hinted they may dust it off!
Information about Middlelands, EDC Mexico, and EDC Orlando, plus other Insomniac events
- Pasquale is still searching for the right venue for Middlelands and the plan is to bring it back but not before finding the right place.
- EDC Mexico will raise funds for those affected by the earthquake. The on-sale date will be October 16 or 17. A similar fundraiser for those affected by the hurricane for EDC Orlando will also happen.
- They love bringing EDC around the globe and it’s a positive movement they want to share with the world. They like to change things up by moving the experience around. Even if they stop going somewhere, it doesn’t mean they won’t be back.
- Insomniac has considered bringing an event to Canada, but nothing is confirmed right now.
- Pasquale and Insomniac are open to hosting a camping festival on the East Coast.
- EDC New York is not returning due to Insomniac Events feeling they needed to find a better venue. They would love to return and come back if and when they find the right location.
- Basscon will host stages at several of Insomniac’s festivals throughout the year. They’ll continue giving the hard dance genre more and more love.
- Eventually, Insomniac will host an E.D.SEA.
- They will be doing something for Insomniac’s 25-Year Anniversary.
- The Damus Building might play host to a Factory 93 party in the future.
- There are no plans on a return of White Wonderland at this time.
- They aren’t opposed to bringing EDC back to Los Angeles, but there needs to be a good venue to host the festival.
- Pasquale stated that Insomniac has owned HARD for four years, but have not operated it with the exception of helping HARD Summer at Glen Helen this year. Going forward, Insomniac will continue to help with operations.
- He revealed Insomniac Events troubleshoots in real time during the festival regarding traffic situations and emergencies. They work along with the city and the Speedway.
- Pasquale has artifacts in his backyard, some in the Insomniac warehouse, and they’re looking into making an Insomniac Production Museum when asked what happens to the main stages after they’re done using them.
- Improving cell service at EDC is difficult. They’ve tried improving it and made Wi-Fi available for free in Carnival Square. Pasquale recommends setting up a meeting spot at the festival before entering and thinks it’s nice to be able to turn off from phones for the weekend.
- While not all headliners don’t always choose to Leave No Trace, the team makes sure they never leave one.
- There are no current plans to lift the ban on gloves, but Pasquale is open to new ideas on how to protect the culture and allow them.
- The Insomniac Team looks for passion, creativity, loyalty, selflessness, and love for the culture and its history when looking for new team members at Insomniac.
- Radius clauses existed before Insomniac and will continue long after.
- Pasquale is proud of the health and safety team at Insomniac. He’s traveled all around the world to get inspiration on how to best deal with the challenges they face. He also asks people to look out for one another and self-responsibility is important.
Pasquale Rotella Shares Details About His Personal Life
- Pasquale gets inspiration for EDC and other events from many places, including the original LA warehouse underground scene and theme parks as well.
- Pasquale’s first festival was a Grateful Dead show in Southern California with Mama Irene.
- When asked how Pasquale feels about pineapple on pizza, he responded with “All toppings are welcome here :).”
- Pasquale’s favorite non-Insomniac festival besides Burning Man is Boom Festival.
- He revealed he has been sober for many years now but has kandiflipped in the past.
- His favorite type of marijuana is Indica.
- When asked about Camp OG, Pasquale responded they’re a lot of ravers that would support him in the early years and still attend today. Insomniac wouldn’t exist without their support back in the day.
- He doesn’t play Fantasy Football, but he does play Galaga and Donkey Kong.
- When asked about his “beef” with deadmau5, Pasquale said he doesn’t have problems with anyone in the industry.
- Drum & Bass is in his heart and soul and will be a junglist till he dies. He’s going to continue pushing DnB acts, but the stages tend to empty out a bit.
- His favorite event is like choosing your favorite child as there are so many favorites. If he had to choose, it’s a tie between Nocturnal Wonderland at the Empire Polo Fields where it went until 6 AM, the 20-year anniversary of EDC, Organic at Snow Summit in ’96, Middlelands, and the first year they did EDC at the LA Coliseum.
- Pasquale’s book is still a work in progress.
- When asked about the EDM bubble, Pasquale responded that “dance music isn’t going anywhere”.
- Rainbow’s opinion of EDCLV is that she “wants to work with Papa when she’s older”.
Did Pasquale answer your question? Let us know in the comments!
Connect with Pasquale Rotella on Social Media:
Connect With EDC Las Vegas On Social Media:
Featured Photo Credit: Pasquale Rotella / Insomniac Events