Get ready for your Electric Zoo adventure by familiarizing yourself with information such as festival map, set times, and more!
Let the countdown to Electric Zoo: The 6th Boro begin! We’ve got all of your key information in one place, including set times, prohibited items, and more. This year’s Electric Zoo features new stage designs along with special stage partnerships with Awakenings and elrow.
The party won’t stop at Randall’s Island! Get ready to dance the night away at the official Electric Zoo after parties happening every night after the festival. See our post on the official after party artists and how to purchase.
Not sure who to see at Electric Zoo this year? Check out my Top Picks to see this Electric Zoo. Wishing you safe travels to New York City and we’ll see you all at Electric Zoo – see you there!
Electric Zoo 2017- Essential Info:
Date: Friday, September 1 – Sunday, September 3, 2017
Ages: 18+ for GA Attendees | +21 for VIP or Platinum Ticket Holders
Hours: Doors will open at 3 pm on Friday, September 1. Doors will open 1 pm for September 2 & 3.
Venue Address: Randall’s Island Park – 1 Randalls Island Park, New York, NY 10035
Facebook Event Page: HERE
Will Call Info: Will Call opens at 2 pm Friday, September 1 and 12 pm on September 2 & 3. All international orders must be picked up at the Will Call check in area, located next to the Box Office at the festival main entrance on Randall’s Island. You will need the credit card used to purchase your tickets and your valid photo ID.
Acceptable Forms of Identification:
- Valid driver’s license from any US state or Canada
- Valid identification issued by the New York Department of Motor Vehicles (Non-Driver ID card)
- Valid United States military identification
- Valid passport or visa issued by your country’s government
PHOTOCOPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Electric Zoo 2017 Set Times:
The set times by time, day, and stage are now available on a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Start planning out your EZoo schedule by downloading the app today. You’ll also receive push notifications about food, travel, weather, and activities such as the Photo Hunt!
Electric Zoo 2017 Festival Map:
Always familiarize yourself with the festival maps so you always know where to find water, bathrooms, food, merch, and more! There is only one info booth listed on the map located near the Animal Oasis. There will be bathrooms near the Mainstage, East Gate entrance, and one across from the Riverside stage.
Electric Zoo Eats:
Check out the diverse food options at Electric Zoo this year to enhance your Electric Zoo experience. Information on what food stalls will have Vegan, Vegetarian, or Gluten-free options can be found HERE.
Electric Zoo Transportation Options:
Electric Zoo strives to provide a variety of ways for you to get to and from the festival. Your options as MTA buses and subways, car service pick-ups and drop-offs, round-trip ferry rides, walking and biking routes, direct-route Brooklyn shuttles, and more.
From within New York City:
- In two simple steps, use the Subway and MTA Buses to travel to Randall’s Island from your locations in Manhattan.
- Ferries depart from and return to the East 35th Street Ferry Landing located at the intersection of East 35th Street and FDR Drive. They travel to and from Randall’s Island all weekend long! Starting at 2:30 pm on Friday, September 2 and at 12:30 pm on Saturday and Sunday, ferries run continuously until 30 minutes after the festival ends.
Electric Zoo is offering round trip shuttle buses with a direct Brooklyn route. These buses depart from and return to Output (74 Wythe Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11249). Brooklyn shuttle departures begin at 12 pm each day and will be running continuously throughout the weekend. Round trip passes are now available with weekend-long and single-day options.
Using the Subway/MTA Buses to get to Electric Zoo:
Here’s how to get to Electric Zoo via Subway/MTA Buses in two simple steps.
- Take the MTA 4, 5, or 6 subway train to the 125th Street Stop.
- $5.50 roundtrip ($1.00 new card fee not included)
- Walk to East 125th street & Lexington Avenue and take the X80 Express Bus to Randall’s Island Park.
- $6.50 roundtrip ($3.75 if coming from subway using MetroCard)
- Monthly MetroCards cannot be used.
Monthly MetroCards do not apply to X80 Express bus.
Need help? Here’s a high-resolution subway map of all five boroughs.
Electric Zoo Cashless Information:
Electric Zoo becomes fully cashless this year using high-tech, RFID-enabled wristbands that will act as your ticket and wallet all at once. All the vendors will be 100% cashless as well.
You add money to your wristband known as “Topping-Up.”
You can Top-Up your wristband through the following methods:
- By using your credit/debit card in advance of the festival – just register your wristband and click “Top-Up”
- By using your credit/debit card on the Electric Zoo mobile app
- On-site at the festival with cash/credit/debit
We recommend you Top-Up your wristband in advance of the festival to make for the easiest and most seamless experience. Just simply add money to your wristband now by registering your wristband and clicking Top-Up. Here you can “Top-Up” your wristband with US dollars using your credit/debit card! When you get to Electric Zoo just tap your wristband at any of our vendors to pay for anything at the festival!
** For every $150 you put on your wristband before August 31 Electric Zoo will give you $5 as a bonus!
You can also turn on Auto Top-Up so you never have to worry about running out of funds at the festival! All funds left unredeemed by 11:59 PM EST September 3, 2017 will be refunded.
If you pay with a credit/debit card, the cash equivalent of remaining dollars will be automatically credited back to your credit/debit card subject to a $5 handling fee by September 30, 2017. Any bonus dollars remaining on your wristband are not eligible for refunds.
Visitors who Top-up using cash will be required to fill out the refund form within their Intellipay account with your banking info by 11:59 pm EST Sunday September 10, 2017. Subject to accurate input of the online form, cash equivalent of remaining funds minus five dollar handling fee will be refunded via an online transfer by September 30, 2017.
To request a cash refund:
- Log in to Intellipay
- Register your wristband if you have not done so already
- Click “Refund” at the top of the page
- Fill out the information requested and click ‘update’
Please note: Any complimentary/bonus dollars provided by the festival free of charge will not be eligible for refund.
For additional information on the cashless system, please visit Electric Zoo FAQs.
- Sun block
- Rain poncho
- A small blanket or towel
- A small backpack or utility bag
- Chapstick (must be new and sealed)
- Empty clear plastic water bottles up to 1 liter in capacity will be allowed
- GoPro cameras are allowed however, GoPro attachments such as sticks, selfie sticks or monopods are NOT ALLOWED.
- NO GLASS OF ANY KIND
- NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND (REGARDLESS OF PERMIT)
- NO PAINT OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING PAINT MARKERS AND SPRAY PAINT)
- NO FIREWORKS
- NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES
- NO DRUGS OR DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- NO ALCOHOL
- NO OPEN OR REFILLABLE E-CIGARETTES OR VAPORIZERS
- NO LARGE CHAINS
- NO LASER POINTERS
- NO FLAGS OR TOTEMS WITH METAL OR WOOD PIECES (FLAGS OR TOTEM POLES MUST BE MADE WITH FLEXIBLE MATERIALS AND MUST HAVE A DIAMETER OF 1.5 INCHES OR LESS)
- NO LARGE UMBRELLAS
- NO SPIKED JEWELRY
- NO UNSEALED TAMPONS
- NO STUFFED ANIMALS/DOLLS
- NO INFLATABLES (INCLUDING BALLOONS)
- NO PACIFIERS
- NO UNSEALED OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATIONS/VITAMINS (PRESCRIPTION DRUGS IN NON-APPROVED CONTAINERS MUST BE TURNED OVER TO MEDICAL)
- NO UNSEALED EYE DROP CONTAINERS
- NO VENDING WITHOUT PERMIT
- NO BICYCLES, SCOOTERS, GO CARTS, OR ATVS
- NO PETS – UNLESS it is a service animal, and You are a person with disabilities, or service animals in-training and have appropriate apparel and have on Your person credentials from an accredited school for which the dog is being raised. Please email Your questions regarding service animals to the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the official Company website for details at electriczoofestival.com.
- NO HARD OR SOFT COOLERS (EXCEPT FOR MEDICAL USE WITH ACCOMPANYING DOCTOR’S NOTE)
- NO LAWN CHAIRS
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS (EXCEPT FOR 1 FACTORY SEALED WATER BOTTLE, NO CANS OR BOTTLES ARE PERMITTED)
- NO OPEN CONTAINERS
- NO MULTI POCKET BACKPACKS LARGER THAN 24’’ X 12’’ x 10” (CINCH PACKS ARE PERMITTED)
- NO LARGE BACKPACKS OR DUFFLE BAGS
- NO LUGGAGE
- NO SEALED PACKAGES
- NO PUSH CARTS
- NO SPORTS EQUIPMENT (INCLUDING FRISBEES)
- NO TENTS OR CAMPING GEAR
- NO SOAP, SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER OR OTHER DETERGENTS
- NO FLAMMABLE PRODUCTS
- NO AEROSOL CANS OR NOISE MAKING DEVICES
- NO PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS
- NO AUDIO OR VIDEO EQUIPMENT
- NO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS (INCLUDING WHISTLES)
- NO CAMERA TRIPODS
- NO MASSAGE DEVICES
- NO PROJECTILES OR EXPLOSIVES
- NO KNIVES OR SHARP OBJECTS
- NO OPEN FIRES
- NO WATER GUNS OR MISTERS
- NO CHAIRS
- NO FLYERS, STICKERS, POSTERS
- NO HAMMOCKS
- NO GRILLS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING PROPANE AND CHARCOAL)
- NO GENERATORS
- NO MASKS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DUST OR GAS MASKS)
- NO TACTICAL GEAR
- NO AEROSOL CANS (INCLUDING DEODORANT AND PERFUME)
- NO CHINESE LANTERNS
- NO DRONES OR UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES
- Any other items deemed as posing a threat to the safe enjoyment of the patrons
If you have prescription medication that you must bring with you, you must bring a copy of your prescription to be evaluated by the medical staff.
Electric Zoo Lockers Information:
Lockers will be available for purchase as an add-on to your Electric Zoo pass and will remain available for purchase until the festival. There will be a limited quantity of lockers for purchase onsite and at higher rates; we recommend purchasing your locker ahead of time.
Lockers will be to your disposal Friday through Sunday. Each locker comes with a USB port, as well as your choice of the cord suited to fit your cell phones, tablets, or digital cameras so that you can remain charged and connected at all times throughout the weekend.
Purchase a locker HERE.
Mind Your Belongings & Prepare for Weather
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting party goers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Electric Zoo.
Pay attention to who’s around you and what’s going on around you. Keep your wallet and phone in your front pocket(s) if you can. Treat your phone the same way you would treat cash; don’t set it down on a table or bar and look away. If a friend isn’t standing behind you in a crowd, be careful of your backpack or purse, and don’t put valuables in a pocket that could easily be unzipped by someone behind in a crowded spot without you realizing.
Weather reports are showing a possibility of rain coming to Electric Zoo. Please pack and dress accordingly. Electric Zoo is a rain or shine event. The rain or shine policy is subject to safety requirements and would never put you in harm’s way in cases of dangerous weather.