ODESZA is back again with a new album and world tour, coming to you this fall!
Harrison Mills and Clayton Knight, the duo better known as ODESZA, are back again with a brand new album, A Moment Apart. In support of their third studio album, the Seattle boys are headed out on tour, set to kick off this month. Full disclosure: this duo is one that is near and dear to my heart. Growing up I was a percussionist in marching band, so I admire the skill it takes to orchestrate different sounds, mindsets, and overall skill sets as this duo does.
ODESZA has become well known for their amazing live performances. As you will hear in the Red Rocks preview below, they use many live instrumental groups and sounds in their live acts. Just last year they enlisted multiple college marching bands for a few of their most iconic shows, like Red Rocks and Coachella. These guys are meticulous: tempo for tempo, bar for bar, each drum kick and violin strum is precisely calculated and executed.
So let’s talk A Moment Apart, or at least what we have heard so far. ODESZA dropped the first two tracks back in March, “Line of Sight” and “Late Night.” I have to say, based on what we have seen since the first two were far superior. The second pair of tracks, “Meridian” and “Corners of the Earth,” were released a little over a week ago. Although ODESZA are some talented musicians, this album does not feel like anything new.
In my opinion, it feels like they have crafted another great ODESZA album with lots of amazing sounds, well-orchestrated bass, enticing lyrics, and I imagine some great live performance options. However, it does not feel like the boys came out their comfort zone much. A Moment Apart could easily be the second installment of 2014’s In Return. Although it certainly doesn’t sound bad, I would have liked to see them push the envelope.
Will the rest of the album follow suit? We’ll have to wait for its full release on September 8th to find out. Regardless, given ODESZA’s track record of epic live performances, I will definitely be checking them out in a city near me. Check out dates below and grab your tickets HERE.
ODESZA – A Moment Apart Tracklist:
- A Moment Apart
- Higher Ground (feat. Naomi Wild)
- Line Of Sight (feat. WYNNE & Mansionair)
- Late Night
- Across The Room (feat. Leon Bridges)
- Everything At Your Feet (feat. The Chamanas)
- Just A Memory (feat. Regina Spektor)
- Divide (feat. Kelsey Bulkin)
- Thin Floors And Tall Ceilings
- La Ciudad
- Falls (feat. Sasha Sloan)
- Show Me
- Corners Of The Earth (feat. RY X)
A Moment Apart 2017 Tour Dates:
- June 23 – Rothbury, MI – Electric Forest
- June 25 – Heber City, UT – Bonanza Campout
- July 14 – Louisville, KY – Forecastle Festival
- July 15 – Birmingham, AL – Sloss Festival
- July 22 – Centre Hall, PA – Karoondinha Festival
- September 3 – Seattle, WA – Bumbershoot
- September 14 – Auckland, NZ – Great Hall *%
- September 15 – Melbourne, AU – Forum *% – SOLD OUT
- September 16 – Sydney, AU – Enmore Theatre *% – SOLD OUT
- September 17- Sydney, AU – Enmore Theatre *%
- September 29 – London, UK – O2 Forum Kentish Town ~^
- September 30 – Paris, FR – Elysee Monmarte ~^
- October 3 – Brussels, BE – AB Main Hall ~^
- October 4 – Amsterdam, NL – Paradiso ~^
- October 5 – Amsterdam, NL – Paradiso ~^ – SOLD OUT
- October 7 – Berlin, DE – Astra Kulturhaus ~^
- October 20 – Los Angeles, CA – STAPLES Center #
- October 22 – Phoenix, AZ – Lost Lake Festival
- October 24 – Santa Barbara, CA – Santa Barbara Bowl #$
- October 26 – Berkeley, CA – Greek Theatre #$ – SOLD OUT
- October 27 – Berkeley, CA – Greek Theatre #$ – SOLD OUT
- October 28 – Berkeley, CA – Greek Theatre #$ – SOLD OUT
- November 3 – Vancouver, BC – PNE Forum #!
- November 8 – Minneapolis, MN – Myth #! – SOLD OUT
- November 9 – Minneapolis, MN – Myth #!
- November 10 – Madison, WI – Alliant Energy Center #!
- November 11 – Chicago, IL – UIC Pavilion #@
- November 14 – Detroit, MI – Masonic Temple #@
- November 17 – Montreal, QC – Metropolis #@ – SOLD OUT
- November 18 – Montreal, QC – Metropolis #@
- November 21 – Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory #@ – SOLD OUT
- November 22 – Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory #@ – SOLD OUT
- December 15 – Brooklyn, NY – Barclays Center #@
Supporting Acts Denoted Above:
* The Kite String Tangle || % Running Touch || ~ Hayden James || ^ MUTO || # SOFI TUKKER || $ Chet Porter || ! Kasbo || @ Louis Futon
Connect with ODESZA on Social Media:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud