Escape: Psycho Circus 2016 Set Times, Festival Map, & More!
It is my favorite time of year, Insomniac’s annual Halloween event is upon us. Returning for its 6th year in a row, Escape: Psycho Circus is going to be a night full of dope beats, scary sights, and lasting memories made with friends. Whether you’re stoked on the VIP Offerings, excited for the stacked lineup, or even ready to enter the virtual realm for the first time, there is definitely something for everyone at Escape this year. I am personally excited to once again be heading to the NOS Events Center in San Bernardino to get spooky with some friends. Escape is one of my favorite events that is held annually by Insomniac Events, and if you see me out there don’t hesitate to say hi!
Don’t forget about the Insomniac Cares, Winter Weather Clothing Drive that will be taking place at the event. Click HERE for more information on that!
Check out my top selections for artists playing at Escape this year, HERE!
Escape: Psycho Circus 2016 Essential Info:
Dates: October 28th – 29th
Show times: 4pm to 2am
Venue Address: 690 S Arrowhead Ave, San Bernardino, California 92408
Ages: 18+, 21+ to drink
Box Office Hours: Fri. 10/28 & Sat. 10/29, 1pm–1am daily
Acceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- YES Any US government-issued driver’s license or ID card containing a photograph and date of birth
- YES US or foreign government-issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth
- YES Foreign government-issued driver’s license or ID (must be accompanied by color photocopy of passport)
Unacceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- NO School ID
- NO Consular ID
- NO Birth certificates
- NO Photocopies of any ID
Escape: Psycho Circus 2016 Set Times:
Click HERE to download the PDF of the set times
Escape: Psycho Circus 2016 Festival and Parking Maps
Street parking is not recommended, and the residential and business areas north of the NOS Event Center (North of Mill St.) will be a tow-away zone. Parking will be available in multiple lots surrounding the venue. These lots will be well lighted and patrolled by security teams during the hours of the event. Parking is at the vehicle owner’s risk.
Directions from the San Fernando Valley/Pasadena area: Take the 210 East to the 215 South, exit 2nd St., turn left and then turn right on E St. Parking Lot D (San Manuel Stadium) will be on your right.
Directions from the L.A./Riverside areas: Take the 10 or 91 East to the 215 North, exit Orange Show Rd., turn right and then turn left at South Arrowhead Ave. Park in Lot A or B.
Accessible parking will be provided in Lot A.
Directions from the San Fernando Valley/Pasadena area: Driving southbound on I-215, exit Orange Show Rd., turn left and then turn left at South Arrowhead Ave.
Directions from the L.A./Riverside areas: Driving northbound on I-215, exit Orange Show Rd., turn right and then turn left at South Arrowhead Ave.
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting party goers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Escape: Psycho Circus.
Pay attention to who’s around you and what’s going on around you. Keep your wallet and phone in your front pocket(s) if you can. Treat your phone the same way you would treat cash; don’t set it down on a table or bar and look away. If a friend isn’t standing behind you in a crowd, be careful of your backpack or purse, and don’t put valuables in a pocket that could easily be unzipped by someone behind in a crowded spot without you realizing.
Escape: Psycho Circus and Festivals in general are a very densely populated place, and are a well-known place where pick-pocketing of unsuspecting people occurs. It’s easy to find yourself in a crowded environment in a line, crowd in the festival, elevator, or even out on the street where someone could slip your wallet or phone our of your pocket or bag in a matter of seconds. Stay alert, be careful, and make sure to not carry more than what you need!
Escape: Psycho Circus 2016 Do’s & Don’ts
- YES Small bags, single compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, & purses (maximum 12″x12″)
- YES Official Insomniac water bottles—must be empty upon entry
- YES CamelBaks with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment—must be empty upon entry
- YES Cell phones
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Sunglasses & hats
- YES Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes
- YES Earplugs
- YES Sealed lip balm & gloss
- YES Powder makeup and sealed tampons
- YES Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Sealed packs of gum
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- YES Hula hoops (including led hoops)
- YES Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- YES Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company branded and no hard flag poles)
- YES Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines below)
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.), and GoPro extendable poles
- YES E-cigs or vapes that do not have refillable liquid chambers
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Pets
- NO Massagers
- NO Laser pointers and air horns
- NO LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- NO Pacifiers, dust masks or gas masks
- NO Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- NO Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store or from a first aid station)
- NO Liquid makeup or unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- NO Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- NO Markers, pens or spray paint
- NO Large chains or spiked jewelry
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Balls or Frisbees
- NO Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- NO Bota bags
- NO Large purses, bags or backpack (over 12″×12″)
- NO Stuffed animals or dolls
- NO Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- NO Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- NO Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- NO Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood, aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- NO drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO SBPD, SBFD, authentic-looking law enforcement, fire dept. or security costumes
- NO handcuffs
- NO glass or ceramic masks
- NO full-face makeup that makes you unrecognizable from your government-issued photo ID
- NO weapons or weapon accessories (fake or authentic), including axes, knives, swords or guns
- NO violent props, including crops, whips, ropes, chains or tethers
- NO sharp metal spikes