Dreamstate SoCal is just around the corner, so prepare for the weekend ahead with this essential information, including the set times and more.
Dreamstate SoCal has come into its own over the years as North America’s largest trance festival, and each passing edition has seen a plethora of top-tier artists and rising stars alike take the stage. While this dreamy festival has resided at the NOS Events Center in San Bernardino for its run so far, this year is seeing Dreamstate shake things up by setting course for a new venue for trance family members to explore: The Queen Mary Waterfront.
While the venue might be sparkly fresh, that doesn’t change the fact that Dreamstate SoCal is packing plenty of heat with its lineup of talent. Not only will trance legends like Armin van Buuren, Giuseppe Ottaviani, Ferry Corsten, and more be taking the stage, but there are several new projects to immerse yourself in. And for the first time ever, Dreamstate SoCal will be welcoming in some techno artists like TRYM, Klangkuenstler, and Fatima Hajji to deliver an energetic punch.
The festival is nearly here, so it’s important to be prepared for your trip to Dreamstate SoCal this year. Be aware that chilly temps and rain are on the horizon, so make sure you pack a poncho and some hand warmers to stay dry and toasty. Check out our playlist to get yourself hyped, and read on for the full details on this year’s edition!
Dreamstate SoCal 2023 – Essential Info:
Dates: November 17-18, 2023
Hours: Will Call: 3pm–12am Daily; Festival: 4pm – 1am Daily
Venue Address: 1126 Queens Hwy Long Beach, CA 90802
Tickets: Purchase HERE
Ages: You must be 18+ to enter and 21+ for alcohol. Valid photo ID is required
Dreamstate SoCal 2023 – Set Times:
Dreamstate SoCal 2023 – Festival Map:
Dreamstate SoCal 2023 – After Party Set Times and Map:
Dreamstate SoCal 2023 – Shuttle and Parking Info:
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses, and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, some opportunistic people come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting party-goers, and it’s essential to be mindful of your valuables while at Dreamstate SoCal.
Are you looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!
Dreamstate SoCal 2023 – Do’s & Don’ts:
- YES Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- YES Deodorant (must be sealed at entry)
- YES Cigarettes (must be sealed upon entry) and lighters
- YES E-cigs/vapes are permitted (Refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon entry. One bottle sealed/unopened E-liquid or E-juice will be permitted.)
- YES Disposable vapes will be permitted if they are sealed upon entry
- YES Earplugs
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines)
- YES Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- YES Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Gum (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Hula hoops—including LED hoops
- YES Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- YES Juuls (one factory-sealed Juul Pod OK at entry)
- YES LED whips, poi, & orbitals
- YES Lip balm, lip gloss, and lipstick (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, Polaroids, etc.)
- YES Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon arrival)
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry. Only bring the amount of medication needed for the duration of the festival. Prescription must match ID.)
- YES Powder makeup (liquid makeup is prohibited)
- YES Rain ponchos and umbrellas measuring less than 10″ when collapsed
- YES Reusable water bottles (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Sealed Intranasal Naloxone
- YES Selfie sticks
- YES Small bags, single-compartment bags, plush bags, purses (maximum 12″x12″)
- YES Sunglasses & hats
- YES Sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- YES Tampons and pads (must be sealed at entry)
- YES Wet wipes (must be sealed at entry)
- NO Aerosol products/cans
- NO Balls or Frisbees
- NO Bota bags
- NO Costumes that resemble public safety uniforms (police, SWAT, fire, security, or medical) in any way
- NO Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Eye drops
- NO Gas masks
- NO Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- NO Helium balloons
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Large chains or spiked jewelry
- NO Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- NO Laser pointers and air horns
- NO LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- NO Liquid makeup
- NO Markers, pens or spray paint
- NO Massagers
- NO Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- NO Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at first aid station)
- NO Pacifiers
- NO Pets
- NO Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- NO Red-colored light-up wands, batons, or lightsabers
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Stuffed animals or dolls
- NO Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- NO Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- NO Unsealed tampons or pads (upon entry)
- NO Weapon or weapon accessories of any kind, real or fictional (including whips, lightsabers, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, fake weapons/props, etc.)
- NO Wind chairs/sofas
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.