Another exciting edition of Electric Zoo is just around the corner, and we’ve compiled all the essential info you need to know before you go.
Dance music lovers are one week away from this year’s exciting Hyper Space edition of Electric Zoo. Set to take place at Randall’s Island on September 1-3, new and seasoned ravers alike will enjoy performances from a stacked lineup and a number of first-time experiences. This includes the world premiere of John Summit and Dom Dolla‘s new project, Everything Always, and the debut of the new immersive stage MegaMirage. Additionally, the party never stops in New York. Each night contains numerous after-parties that feature some of your favorite headliners, like deadmau5, Madeon, and Tiësto.
Before you finalize your daily outfits, just a friendly reminder that New York’s summer weather is known to be unpredictable, so pack accordingly. An early forecast from The Weather Channel predicts Friday and Saturday to be sunny, while Sunday will feature cloudy skies with a low chance of rain. Make sure to keep your eye on the weather as the event approaches.
Before we break down all the vital information you’ll need for Electric Zoo, one of the best ways to stay updated about all festival changes is through the official Electric Zoo app, which is available for iOS and Android. Additionally, it’s important to note that Electric Zoo is a cashless festival, which means your wristband will act like a credit card. Detailed instructions on how to set up your wristband can be accessed through the festival’s website.
Electric Zoo 2023 – Essential Info:
Dates: September 1-3, 2023
Hours: Doors open at 3pm on Friday and 1pm on Saturday and Sunday
Will Call Hours: Will Call opens at 2pm on Friday and 12pm on Saturday and Sunday
Venue Address: 1 Randalls Island Park, New York, NY 10035
Tickets: Purchase HERE
Electric Zoo 2023 – Set Times:
The set times are currently found in the official Electric Zoo app. Download it now. We’ll update this article with the graphic once it is posted.
Electric Zoo 2023 – Festival Map:
There are several ways to get to the festival. However, driving seems to be the most challenging option. There is no parking at Randall’s Island, but there will be designated areas for drop-offs and pick-ups. More information will be available closer to the festival dates.
The best way, in our experience, is by taking public transit. Detailed information on the best subway and bus routes can be accessed through the festival’s website. Ferry passes are sold out, but Brooklyn Shuttle passes are still available.
This is an important reminder that Electric Zoo is an accessible festival. For advanced accommodation requests, send an email to [email protected]. More transportation information, assistance at the festival, dietary needs, and service animal policies are available through the event’s website.
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses, and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, some opportunistic people come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers, and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Electric Zoo.
Are you looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!
Electric Zoo 2023 – Do’s & Don’ts:
- No glass of any kind
- No weapons of any kind (regardless of permit)
- No paint of any kind (including paint markers and spray paint)
- No fireworks
- No illegal substances
- No drugs or drug paraphernalia
- No alcohol
- No open or refillable e-cigarettes or vaporizers
- No large chains
- No laser pointers
- No flags or totems with metal or wood pieces (flags or totem poles must be made with flexible materials and must have a diameter of 1.5 inches or less)
- No large umbrellas
- No spiked jewelry
- No unsealed tampons
- No stuffed animals/dolls
- No inflatables (including balloons)
- No pacifiers
- No unsealed over-the-counter medications/vitamins (prescription drugs in non-approved containers must be turned over to medical)
- No unsealed eye drop containers
- No vending without permit
- No bicycles, scooters, go-carts, or ATVs
- No pets – unless it is a service animal, and you are a person with disabilities, or service animals in-training and have appropriate apparel and have on your person credentials from an accredited school for which the dog is being raised. please email your questions regarding service animals to the company at [email protected].
- No hard or soft coolers (except for medical use with accompanying doctor’s note)
- No lawn chairs
- No outside food or drinks (except for 1 factory sealed water bottle, no cans or bottles are permitted)
- No open containers
- No multi-pocket backpacks larger than 24’’ x 12’’ x 10” (cinch packs are permitted)
- No large backpacks or duffle bags
- No luggage
- No sealed packages
- No push carts
- No sports equipment (including frisbees)
- No tents or camping gear
- No soap, shampoo, conditioner or other detergents
- No flammable products
- No aerosol cans or noise-making devices
- No professional cameras
- No audio or video equipment
- No musical instruments (including whistles)
- No camera tripods
- No massage devices
- No projectiles or explosives
- No knives or sharp objects
- No open fires
- No water guns or misters
- No chairs
- No flyers, stickers, posters
- No hammocks
- No grills of any kind (including propane and charcoal)
- No generators
- No gas masks or complete facial coverings
- No tactical gear
- No aerosol cans (including deodorant and perfume)
- No Chinese lanterns
- No drones or unmanned aerial vehicles
- Any other items deemed as posing a threat to the safe enjoyment of the patrons.
If you have prescription medication that you must bring with you, you must bring a copy of your prescription to be evaluated by the medical staff.
- Empty clear plastic water bottles up to 1 liter in capacity will be allowed.
- Rain poncho
- Your ID. (Please note that photocopies will NOT be accepted as valid ID.)
- A small backpack or utility bag
- Chapstick (must be new and sealed)
- Breathable mouth & nose covering including N95 or similar, partial facial mask
- Camelbak and Water Hydration Packs are allowed but must be completely empty upon entrance.
- GoPro cameras are allowed. However, GoPro attachments such as sticks, selfie sticks, or monopods are not allowed.