Kai Wachi is set to embark on his biggest tour yet, with stops in Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Orlando, and more.
Although known as a powerlifting demigod in the dubstep scene with his signature bass-heavy screeching drops, Kai Wachi has recently geared his music towards more melodic vocals and synths in the self-made genre coined “cry wachi.” With his wide spectrum of bass sounds, this Idaho native has taken the stage at music festivals such as EDC Las Vegas, Electric Zoo, and more. Now, freshly pumped from his set at HARD Summer this past weekend, Kai Wachi dropped the details for his forthcoming Skins tour.
Following the release of his Skins EP that dropped earlier this summer, Kai Wachi is now preparing to take his emotion-fueled vocals and wub-filled soundscapes on the 30-date tour. Kicking off on August 5 in New York at the Brooklyn Mirage, he will head to other US cities, including Chicago, Los Angeles, Denver, Orlando, Honolulu, and his home city, Boise before it ends early next year. Joining in on the madness at select stops is rising dubstep star Hairitage, with more support to be announced at a later date.
If you can’t make the stops on the Skins tour, have no fear because you’ll be able to “Death Waltz” at Kai Wachi’s set at Bass Canyon, Lost Lands, EDC Orlando, and Stereo Live during this run of shows. This new era of Kai Wachi’s melodic sounds is not to be missed this upcoming fall and winter if you’re drawn to the sounds from the large spectrum of dubstep.
Tickets for the Skins tour go on sale Friday, August 5 at 3pm ET via Kai Wachi’s website for all tour dates. Make sure to listen to the Skins EP on your preferred platform to get a taste of what’s in store!
Kai Wachi – Skins Tour – Dates & Venues:
- August 5 – Brooklyn, NY – Brooklyn Mirage
- August 20- George, WA – Bass Canyon
- August 27 – Atlanta, GA – IRIS Block Party
- September 24 – Thornville, OH – Lost Lands
- October 6 – Grands Rapids, MI – Elevation at The Intersection
- October 7 – Chicago, IL – Concord Music Hall
- October 8 – Wichita, KS – Wave
- October 14 – Washington, DC – Soundcheck
- October 15 – Charlotte, NC – Blackbox
- October 21 – Los Angeles, CA – Exchange
- October 22 – Bend, OR – Midtown Ballroom
- October 29 – Tempe, AZ – Sunbar
- November 12 – Orlando, FL – EDC Orlando
- November 17 – Lincoln, NE – Bourbon Theatre
- November 18 – Kansas City, MO – Madrid Theatre
- November 19 – Minneapolis, MN – Skyway Theatre
- November 26 – Denver, CO – Ogden
- December 2 – Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
- December 3 – Portland, OR – 45 East
- January 7 – Honolulu, HI – HB Social
- January 12 – San Marcos, TX – The Marc
- January 13 – Dallas, TX – Stereo Live
- January 14 – Houston, TX – Stereo Live
- January 20 – Buffalo, NY – Town Ballroom
- January 21 – Detroit, MI – Majestic
- January 26 – Reno, NV – Cargo
- January 27 – San Francisco, CA – 1015 Folsom
- TBA Date – TBA Location
- February 3 – Boise, ID – Knitting Factory
- February 4 – Spokane, WA – Knitting Factory
Follow Kai Wachi on Social Media:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | SoundCloud