Are you ready to headbang the day away at Forbidden Kingdom this year? Stay in the know with the set times, what not to bring, and more.
Forbidden Kingdom has catapulted its way into the minds of bass lovers near and far since it first emerged on the scene. During this time the festival has boasted of top-tier and rising artists alike on its lineup – and the upcoming edition at the Orlando Amphitheater at Central Florida Fairgrounds on May 6-7 is no different.
Taking the stage at Forbidden Kingdom this year are some true legends in the bass scene that include the likes of Excision, FuntCase, Delta Heavy, and Rusko, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg as to what’s in store. Whether you want to get down to the melodic dubstep sounds of Seven Lions, dance your heart out to some drum and bass with Fury + MC Dino, or feel the heat when dynamic artists like Kayzo take over the decks – there’s something for every bass lover at this festival.
Related: Want to get a dose of bass before you head out to the festival? Check out our Colossal Commotion playlist on Spotify!
With Forbidden Kingdom on the horizon, we’ve compiled all the essential information you need to know before you go including the set times, dos and don’ts, and more. Don’t forget to download the Insomniac app on iTunes or Play Store for the latest updates.
Forbidden Kingdom 2022 – Essential Info:
Dates: May 6-7, 2022
Hours: 1pm ET – 11pm ET, daily
Venue Address: Orlando Amphitheater at the Central Florida Fairgrounds – 4603 W Colonial Dr. Orlando, FL 33498
Tickets: Purchase HERE
Facebook Event Page: RSVP HERE
Forbidden Kingdom 2022 – Set Times:
Forbidden Kingdom 2022 – Festival and Parking Maps:
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Forbidden Kingdom.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!
Forbidden Kingdom 2022 – Do’s & Don’ts:
- YES service animals.
- YES cigarettes and e-cigarettes (cigarettes must be sealed)
- YES E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon arrival. E-liquid OK, must be factory-sealed at entry)
- YES small, single compartment bags that are a standard smaller – 8 in. x 11in
- YES Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- YES hula hoops– including LED hoops
- YES face masks
- YES Deodorant (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES cell phone charger
- YES sunscreen LOTION
- YES Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- YES refillable, plastic or aluminum bottles (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment (must be empty upon entry)
- YES non-aerosol bug spray
- YES LED flow toys (Hoops, LED hoops, LED orbit, Pixel whip, Levi wand, Staff, Poi/LED poi, Flow fans)
- YES Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Blankets (Small) & Beach Towels
- YES Chapstick and Lip Balm
- YES Ear Plugs
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.), and GoPro extendable poles
- YES Fanny Packs and Hip Bags
- YES Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Gum (Must be sealed upon entry)
- YES feminine products (sealed upon entry)
- YES Hand Sanitizer (under 2 oz.) and Baby Wipes (sealed upon entry)
- YES Hats
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- YES Rain ponchos and umbrellas measuring less than 10″ when collapsed
- YES Kandi
- YES compact powder Makeup, sparkles, etc.
- YES Smiles
- YES Sunglasses
- YES Tampons and pads (sealed upon entry)
- YES Wet wipes (sealed upon entry)
- YES Good vibes
- NO outside food or beverage items allowed
- NO Aerosol products/cans
- NO alcohol or flasks
- NO bags, purses, or backpacks LARGER than a standard piece of paper – 8x11in.
- NO BackPacks
- NO Balls or Frisbees
- NO Bota bags (over-the-shoulder leather puch that can carry liquid)
- NO Costumes that resemble a public safety uniforms (police, swat, fire, security, or medical) in any way
- NO ice or ice packs
- NO coolers
- NO Gas masks
- NO glass containers
- NO Helium balloons
- NO illegal substances, drugs, or drug paraphernalia
- NO rage sticks, banners or flags are permitted. Any of these items that are deemed unsafe or inappropriate, or are being used for purposes other than intended, may be confiscated on site.
- NO illegal or unauthorized vending
- NO Weapon or weapon accessories of any kind, real or fictional (including whips, lightsabers, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- NO slingshots, toy guns or water guns
- NO Large chains or spiked jewelry
- NO LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- NO Liquid makeup
- NO Markers, pens or spray paint
- NO Massagers
- NO air horns
- NO sharpies or paint
- NO animals or pets
- NO flammable lanterns or fire of any kind
- NO fireworks or any types of explosives
- NO skateboards, scooters, or personalized motor vehicles
- NO bicycles inside the festival
- NO tents, canopies, large umbrellas, chairs, or blankets
- NO Unsealed tampons or pads (upon entry)
- NO chairs or stools of any type (Inflatable chairs are allowed)
- NO wagons or carts of any type
- NO sports balls
- NO Stuffed animals or dolls
- NO eye drops
- NO Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- NO outside cans or cups
- NO Pacifiers
- NO Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- NO professional video or audio recording devices
- NO lasers or pointers
- NO instruments, megaphones, horns, or noise makers
- NO soliciting
- NO over the counter medication
- NO metal aerosol containers including sunscreen, pepper spray, bug repellent, or spray paint
- NO drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys, or UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicle)
- NO selfie sticks
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Wind chairs/sofas
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.