Gem and Jam 2020 is right around the corner and here is everything you’ll need to stay in the know for your festival weekend!
Ready to get your groove on at this year’s edition of Gem and Jam? I know we are! After taking a year off to re-organize, Gem and Jam will once again bring together the communities of art, music, and gems. With more than 40 artists, live painters, and a wide array of vendors this weekend is sure to have something for everyone.
While you pack and get ready to go, we’ve organized this helpful guide with everything you need to know for a jam-packed weekend of fun. Keep reading for the set times, festival map, and other essential info below!
Related: Not sure what sets to catch? Check out our Spotify playlist that features all of the artists playing!
Gem and Jam 2020 Essential Info:
Please Note: Whether you’re camping or just coming to park every day there will be a $20 charge to offset our carbon footprint.
Gem and Jam 2020 Set Times:
Gem and Jam 2020 Do’s & Don’ts:
- NO Outside food or beverages
- NO Coolers or Ice Chests
- NO Water backpacks or Camelbacks
- NO Chairs
- NO Professional photography equipment or cameras with detachable lenses longer than 2 inches, without proper credentials (point-and-shoot cameras without additional lenses are OK)
- NO Drones
- NO Fireworks
- NO Audio Recordings
- NO Umbrellas or tents
- NO Water or squirt guns
- NO skates, skateboards or bikes
- NO Pets (even really, really small ones)
- NO Box trucks or trailers (a camping trailer is OK, but it is considered an RV which requires an RV pass)
- NO Weapons of any kind, including slingshots, sticks, bats or clubs
- NO Musical instruments
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Refunds or exchanges
- NO Laser pens or similar focused-light devices
- NO Vending of any kind is not allowed (Sharing yes, selling, no. You know the difference.)
- NO OPEN FIRES OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED.
- OK Rain Gear
- OK Camping Gear (Tent, Tarp, Sleeping Bags)
- OK Your Favorite Hoodie
- OK Extra Shoes/Sneakers
- OK Mud Boots (In case it rains)
- OK Bug Spray
- OK Sunscreen
- OK A Hat for Shade
- OK Bandanna
- OK Sunglasses
- OK Aluminum or Stainless Steel container of water
- OK Earplugs
- OK Biodegradable plastic bags for trash
- OK Toilet Paper
- OK Lantern, Flashlight, Headlamp (and extra batteries)
- OK Flag or Balloon to Identify your campsite
- OK Extra set of keys
- OK Small Luggage (please don’t bring valuables)
- OK Soaps, Detergents, Shampoos
- OK Ashtrays for smokers
- OK Blanket
Decorated festival ‘totems’ are okay to bring
- Maximum 10ft tall
- Must be made from lightweight material (eg foam, PVC / no solid metal)
- PVC, Light Wood, Aluminium poles must be no thicker than 1″ diameter
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Please note that any items that are deemed dangerous may not be admitted into the event.
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Gem and Jam.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!