Get yourself filled in on the essential details for Countdown NYE this year so you can party hard and end the decade in the best way possible!
We are closing in on one of the final festivals of the decade, as Countdown NYE is just days away! The aliens have returned once again and their space-fueled fest is set to take place at NOS Events Center for one of the grandest editions yet. Countdown always boasts top tier production, an outstanding lineup, and endless memories, and 2019’s chapter is ready to carry the tradition of high standing festival excellence.
Related: Check out our official Spotify playlist for this year’s Countdown NYE!
Countdown NYE’s lineup is already setting the tone for the festival with superstars and rising talents alike from a variety of genres billed on the lineup. With over 35 artists including big-name acts like Oliver Heldens, Jai Wolf, and Svdden Death, there is an abundance of artists to tune in and get down to inside the grounds of NOS.
Whether this your first Countdown or you’re returning to the magic once again, read up on the list of essentials to solidify that you’re ready to go. Let us know who you’ll be catching as the clock strikes 12 in the comments below!
Countdown NYE 2019 Essential Info:
Countdown NYE 2019 Set Times:
Countdown NYE 2019 Festival Map:
Countdown NYE 2019 Do’s & Don’ts:
- Aerosol products/cans
- Balls or Frisbees
- Bota bags
- Costumes that resemble public safety uniforms (police, SWAT, fire, security, or medical) in any way
- Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- Gas masks
- Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- Helium balloons
- Illegal substances
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- Laser pointers and air horns
- LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- Liquid makeup
- Markers, pens or spray paint
- Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store or from a first aid station)
- Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Stickers, flyers
- Stuffed animals or dolls
- Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- Unsealed tampons or pads (upon entry)
- Weapon or weapon accessories of any kind, real or fictional (including whips, lightsabers, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, fake weapons/props, etc.)
- Wind chairs/sofas
- Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- Cigarettes (must be sealed upon entry) and lighters
- Deodorant (must be sealed at entry)
- E-cigs/vapes (Refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon entry. One bottle sealed/unopened E-liquid or E-juice will be permitted.)
- Fanny packs
- Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- Gum (must be sealed upon entry)
- Hula hoops—including LED hoops
- Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment (must be empty upon entry)
- Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- Juuls (one factory-sealed Juul Pod OK at entry)
- LED whips, pois & orbitals
- Lip balm, lip gloss and lipstick (must be sealed upon entry)
- Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, Polaroids, etc.)
- Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon arrival)
- Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- Powder makeup (liquid makeup is prohibited)
- Rain ponchos and umbrellas measuring less than 10″ when collapsed
- Reusable water bottles (must be empty upon entry)
- Selfie sticks
- Small bags, single-compartment bags, plush bags, purses (maximum 12″x12″)
- Sunglasses & hats
- Sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- Tampons and pads (must be sealed at entry)
- Wet wipes (must be sealed at entry)
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.
Acceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- Any US government-issued driver’s license or ID card containing a photograph and date of birth
- US or foreign government-issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth
- Foreign government-issued driver’s license/ID with color photocopy of passport (Not valid for 21+ wristband. To purchase alcohol, a physical passport or US ID will be required.)
- Temporary DMV documents proving you are currently renewing a license—ONLY if accompanied by passport or expired license
Unacceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- School ID
- Consular ID
- Birth certificate
- Expired ID of any kind
- Photocopy of any ID (except as noted)
- Temporary DMV license without passport or expired license
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Countdown NYE.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!