Dreamstate SoCal 2017 Set Times, Festival Map, & More!
Trance family around the world it is that time of year again! On November 24, the gates at the NOS Events Center will open for the third time for one of our favorite events, Dreamstate SoCal! Prepare to be whisked into a “Dreamstate” where the uplifting melodies will unite us, powerful rhythms will ignite our passion to dance, and ethereal beats will shoot us straight to the outer reaches of the universe!
As we prepare for a weekend packed full of entertainment from the best in the industry including some very special artist projects and alias performances as well as some massive next level production enhancements, all there is left to do is pack our bags and set out on the journey home to Dreamstate SoCal!
To help you maximize your fun and minimize your problems, we’ve compiled some of the most important information to help you navigate your weekend like a true festival pro!
Get to know about all the new artists on the Dreamstate lineup by checking out our Dreamstate SoCal 2017 artist series!
Did you miss the announcement? Insomniac launched Dreamstate Records this year! Check out the details right here!
Stream Insomniac’s Dreamstate SoCal 2017 Playlist on SoundCloud:
Dreamstate SoCal 2017 Essential Info:
Dates: Friday, November 24 and Saturday, November 25, 2017
Showtime: Will call opens at 4 PM and event takes flight from 5 PM – 2 AM!
Venue Address: NOS Events Center, 689 S. E St., San Bernardino, CA 92408
Tickets for Dreamstate SoCal 2017 are still available for purchase! You can pick up your one-day or two-day passes by clicking here!
Acceptable forms of identification for entry
- Any US government-issued driver’s license or ID card containing a photograph and date of birth
- US or foreign government-issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth
- Foreign government-issued driver’s license/ID with color photocopy of passport (not valid for 21+ wristband. To purchase alcohol or enter VIP areas, a physical passport or US ID will be required.)
- Temporary DMV documents proving you are currently renewing a license — ONLY if accompanied by passport or expired license
Unacceptable forms of identification
- School ID
- Consular ID
- Birth certificate
- Expired ID of any kind
- Photocopy of any ID (except as noted above)
- Temporary DMV license without passport or expired license
Dreamstate SoCal 2017 Set Times:
Dreamstate SoCal 2017 Festival Map:
Dreamstate SoCal 2017 Parking Map:
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Dreamstate SoCal.
Pay attention to who’s around you and what’s going on around you. Keep your wallet and phone in your front pocket(s) if you can. Treat your phone the same way you would treat cash; don’t set it down on a table or bar and look away. If a friend isn’t standing behind you in a crowd, be careful of your backpack or purse, and don’t put valuables in a pocket that could easily be unzipped by someone behind in a crowded spot without you realizing.
Festivals, in general, are a very densely populated place and are a well-known place where pick-pocketing of unsuspecting people occurs. It’s easy to find yourself in a crowded environment in a line, at a stage in the festival, elevator, or even out on the street where someone could slip your wallet or phone out of your pocket or bag in a matter of seconds. Stay alert, be careful, and make sure to not carry more than what you need!
Prepare for chilly weather!
The indoor/outdoor festival will take place rain or shine. Please keep up-to-date on weather reports, and plan your attire and preparations accordingly. The last two years have proven that November in San Bernardino can be quite cold as temperatures dropped to the low 40’s back in 2015 and got quite wet for last years installment with rain and temperatures dropping once again into the low 40’s.
This year, the forecast is looking much better with lows settling in right around 50 degrees with a 0% chance of rain.
But, as mother nature can be fickle it would be wise to pack a warm coat and outfits that will keep you warm and toasty so you can dance the night away in comfort!
Dreamstate SoCal Do’s & Don’ts
- NO Re-entry/ins & outs per day
- NO Camping
- NO Refunds or exchanges
- NO Sitting on designated dancefloor areas
- NO Moshing, crowd-surfing or stage-diving
- NO Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors
- NO Unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, giveaways, etc.
- NO Tailgating
- Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.)
- Selfie sticks
- Small bags, single-compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, purses (maximum 12“x12“)
- Official Insomniac water bottles—must be empty upon entry
- Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment—must be empty upon entry
- Fanny packs
- Sunglasses & hats
- Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes
- E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon arrival)
- Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- Sealed lip balm & gloss
- Sealed sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- Powder makeup
- Sealed tampons
- Sealed wet wipes
- Sealed packs of gum
- Hula hoops (including LED hoops)
- Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- LED poi & orbitals
- Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines)
- Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Laser pointers and air horns
- Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- Balls or frisbees
- Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- Illegal substances
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- LED gloves or microlights used for light shows
- Pacifiers, dust masks or gas masks
- Aerosol products/cans
- Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store or from a first aid station)
- Liquid makeup
- Unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- Markers, pens or spray paint
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Stickers, flyers
- Bota bags
- Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- Stuffed animals or dolls
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.