EDIT: DANCEFESTOPIA CASHLESS SYSTEM HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR THIS YEAR.
Dancefestopia 2016 is returning to Kansas City this September with many new additions and exciting changes, including wristbands for the event! Borda Productions has just announced its new ‘cashless’ system for this year’s festival to help make things more convenient for attendees. DFT has partnered with Intellitix, who’s RFID wristbands have been seen at multiple festivals including TomorrowWorld, Bonaroo, and Coachella.
With the addition of wristbands, there will be no need to stand in box office lines or worry about losing your credit cards, cash, or wallets. Attendees can load their wristband with credit, debit, or cash at multiple locations around the festival. If attendees purchase tickets and select ‘wristband shipping’ at the time of purchase, the wristband will be mailed to them starting in early August and provides an easy way to get into the festival. NOTE: If you’ve already purchased tickets, you will still have an additional option to have your wristband shipped to you for $6 (stay tuned for more information from Borda). All vendors and activities on-site at the festival will accept this wristband as form of payment, making it super easy to make purchases!
When attendees receive their wristband in the mail, they can go online to register the band and load pre-paid credit on the band before arriving at the festival to save time. DFT recommends that you do not put on your wristband until the day of the festival as it might become inactive.
Wristband Instruction Video:
Information from DFT:
- The wristband serves as your ticket and wallet. You will use your wristband to enter and exit the festival and camp grounds
- Your festival wristband is required to enter the festival site at all times
- Your wristband is the ONLY method of payment accepted for goods/services on-site; because we love you
- Faster entry access to festival
- Faster transaction times
- Reduced wait time and line-ups
- Super convenient; no need to carry wallets and fumble through change/tokens
- Efficient and saves time through pre-top-up and auto-top-up; no need to hit the ATM
- Safe and secure; no need to worry about getting your wallet lost of stolen
- Automatic social sharing and posting at brand activation units when linked to social media accounts (if applicable)
- Opportunity to win prizes and giveaways and access exclusive content (if applicable)
- Overall, an enhanced Dancefestopia experience!
Dancefestopia is set to take place this year on September 9th, 10th, and 11th at LaBenite Park in Sugar Creek, MO. The festival has made some huge additions to its lineup this year, and they have also brought some familiar faces back to the area that festival attendees have grown to love.
Check out our review of last year’s event to get a glimpse of what you can expect this September!
For more DFT related content, visit here.