EDC Orlando 2016 Set Times, Festival Map, & More!
It is my favorite time of year, Insomniac’s annual visit to the Sunshine State is upon us. Returning for it’s 6th year in a row, EDC Orlando is going to be a night full of bloomin beats, electric sights, and lasting memories made with friends.
EDC Orlando 2016 Essential Info:
Dates: November 4th & 5th, 2016
Show times: 1pm to 12am
Venue Address: Tinker Field, South Tampa Avenue, Orlando, Florida 32805
Ages: 18+, 21+ to drink
Acceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- YES Any US government-issued driver’s license or ID card containing a photograph and date of birth
- YES US or foreign government-issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth
- YES Foreign government-issued driver’s license or ID (must be accompanied by color photocopy of passport)
Unacceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- NO School ID
- NO Consular ID
- NO Birth certificates
- NO Photocopies of any ID
EDC Orlando 2016 Set Times:
EDC Orlando 2016 Festival Map:
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting party goers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at EDC Orlando. Lockers are available to rent for $35 for both days. Click here to purchase.
Pay attention to who’s around you and what’s going on around you. Keep your wallet and phone in your front pocket(s) if you can. Treat your phone the same way you would treat cash; don’t set it down on a table or bar and look away. If a friend isn’t standing behind you in a crowd, be careful of your backpack or purse, and don’t put valuables in a pocket that could easily be unzipped by someone behind in a crowded spot without you realizing.
EDC Orlando and Festivals in general are a very densely populated place, and are a well-known place where pick-pocketing of unsuspecting people occurs. It’s easy to find yourself in a crowded environment in a line, crowd in the festival, elevator, or even out on the street where someone could slip your wallet or phone our of your pocket or bag in a matter of seconds. Stay alert, be careful, and make sure to not carry more than what you need!
EDC Orlando 2016 Do’s & Don’ts
- YES Small bags, single compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, & purses (maximum 12″x12″)
- YES Official Insomniac water bottles—must be empty upon entry
- YES CamelBaks with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment—must be empty upon entry
- YES Cell phones
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Sunglasses & hats
- YES Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes
- YES Earplugs
- YES Sealed lip balm & gloss
- YES Powder makeup and sealed tampons
- YES Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Sealed packs of gum
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- YES Hula hoops (including led hoops)
- YES Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- YES Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company branded and no hard flag poles)
- YES Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines below)
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.), and GoPro extendable poles
- YES E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon arrival)
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Pets
- NO Massagers
- NO Laser pointers and air horns
- NO LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- NO Pacifiers, dust masks or gas masks
- NO Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- NO Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store or from a first aid station)
- NO Liquid makeup or unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- NO Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- NO Markers, pens or spray paint
- NO Large chains or spiked jewelry
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Balls or Frisbees
- NO Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- NO Bota bags
- NO Large purses, bags or backpack (over 12″×12″)
- NO Stuffed animals or dolls
- NO Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- NO Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- NO Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- NO Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood, aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.
Connect with EDC Orlando 2016 on Social Media:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Facebook Event Page | Instagram