Okeechobee is right around the corner! Stay in the know before you go with the set times, festival map, and other essential info.
Okeechobee Music and Arts Festival is set to make its return on March 2-5 and the anticipation to enter the portal is top-tier for those who are making their way to Sunshine Grove this year. Fans are eager to catch artists like Odesza, GRiZ, Baby Keem, and Excision, among others, on the stunning lineup for this year’s edition, but there’s plenty more to explore with a plethora of activities and surprises to be found at the venue.
To help you get ready for this year’s Okeechobee, we’ve collected all of the information in one place to make your preparations as sleek as your fits. It’s also important to note that the weather at Sunshine Grove can be extremely windy, with scorching highs and breezy lows in temperature, making packing an assortment of options crucial. Be sure to also stake your campsite down to ensure it stays in place.
Keep reading for all the essential information, don’t forget to download the Insomniac app in iTunes or Play Store for the latest set times and updates, and let us know on Twitter if we’ll see you there this year!
Okeechobee 2023 – Essential Info:
- Dates: March 2-5, 2023
- Venue Address: 12517 NE 91st Ave – Okeechobee, FL 34972
- Will Call Location: Okeechobee Agri-Civic Center – 4601 Hwy 710 Okeechobee, FL 34972
- Will Call Hours:
- 3/01 Wed – 10am- 9pm Agri-Civic Center
- 3/02 Thu – 7am- 12am Agri-Civic Center
- 3/03 Fri – 7am- 10pm Agri-Civic Center
- 3/04 Sat – 10am- 6pm at Agri-Civic Center
- 3/05 Sun – 10am- 6pm Agri-Civic Center
Okeechobee 2023 – Set Times:
Download the Insomniac App in iTunes or Play Store to view the set times. We will update this post when the official graphic is released.
Okeechobee 2023 – Activities Schedule:
Okeechobee 2023 – Festival and Camping Maps:
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses, and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Okeechobee.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!
Okeechobee 2023 – Alcohol Policy:
You must be 21+ to consume alcohol in the campground and festival. If entering with alcohol, you must present government-issued identification. Law enforcement will frequent the campground and randomly card campers seen drinking alcohol. Underage drinkers risk receiving a citation or even being arrested. Campers age 21+ are advised to carry their government-issued identification at all times.
Those planning to drink can bring up to 24 cans (under 12oz) of beer and alcoholic drinks under 16% ABV, or up to 5L of wine per person. 1.75L of liquor in a plastic bottle only per car.
Okeechobee 2023 – Do’s & Don’ts:
The lists below are for the festival grounds. For specific Camping Guidelines, including what you can and can’t bring with you, head to their website.
- NO Aerosol products/cans
- NO Balls or Frisbees
- NO Bota bags
- NO Costumes that resemble public safety uniforms (police, SWAT, fire, security, or medical) in any way
- NO Drones, remote-control aircraft, toys
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- NO Gas masks
- NO Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- NO Helium balloons
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Large metal chains or metal spiked jewelry
- NO Large purses, bags, or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- NO Laser pointers or air horns
- NO Liquid makeup
- NO Markers, pens, or spray paint
- NO Massagers
- NO Nitrous dioxide (NO2) containers (no nitrous of any kind)
- NO Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- NO Outside food or beverages (including alcohol or candy)
- NO Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store)
- NO Pets
- NO Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms, or commercial-use rigs)
- NO Red-colored light-up wands, batons, or lightsabers
- NO Stickers or flyers
- NO Stuffed animals or dolls
- NO Tents, large beach umbrellas, or chairs
- NO Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- NO Unsealed tampons or pads (upon entry)
- NO Weapon or weapon accessories of any kind, real or fictional (including whips, lightsabers, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, fake weapons/props, etc.)
- YES Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- YES Cigarettes (must be sealed upon entry) and lighters
- YES Deodorant (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon entry—one bottle sealed/unopened E-liquid or E-juice will be permitted)
- YES Juul Pods (must be in sealed pack upon entry)
- YES Earplugs
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines)
- YES Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- YES Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Gum (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Hula hoops, including LED hoops
- YES Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- YES LED whips, pois & orbitals
- YES Lip balm & gloss (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, Polaroid, etc.)
- YES Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry. Only bring the amount of medication needed for the duration of the festival. Prescription must match ID.)
- YES Powder makeup (liquid makeup prohibited)
- YES Rain ponchos and umbrellas
- YES Sealed Intranasal Naloxone
- YES Selfie sticks
- YES Small bags, single-compartment bags, plush bags, purses (maximum 12″x12″)
- YES Sunglasses & hats
- YES Sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- YES Tampons and pads (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Water bottles (must be empty upon entry)
- YES Wet wipes (must be sealed upon entry)
- YES Wind chairs
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood, or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entry through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep the love.