Ultra Music Festival has sent an email with information to all ticket purchasers regarding their options after last week’s cancellation.
After the official announcement was made that Ultra Music Festival would be postponed, one of the questions on the minds of those who were planning to make their way to Miami was if they would be receiving a refund. Tonight, that’s been answered by way of an email sent out to ticket purchasers and refunds are not being offered.
This news may come as little surprise to those who read the terms and conditions on Ultra Music Festival’s website and were quick to notice that the organizers had covered themselves with a clearly defined Refund Policy. “Upon Event cancellation by Event Organizer, Event Organizer may, in its sole and absolute discretion, elect to either issue a full or partial refund to Purchaser, not issue any refunds, or reschedule the Event.”
This, like all the other terms and conditions listed, were agreed to the moment that a ticket was purchased. In fact, the refund policy lays out a number of options ranging from potential full or partial refunds to event postponements, but the last option seems to be the one they’ve moved forward with to “make good” by offering an “added benefits package.”
In the email, ticket buyers were informed that their passes for the 2020 edition would be valid for 2021 or 2022, with a 30-day window (April 9, 2020) to choose between the two.
Additionally, Ultra’s organizers put together an added value package exclusively for those who bought tickets to the 2020 edition.
These range from free tickets to other Ultra or Resistance branded events, exclusive access to future editions, and more. You MUST respond to the original email by April 9, 2020 to be eligible for the benefits. Read on for the full list that was in the email:
- Extra Ultra Hour: An Exclusive Main Stage Headline DJ performance at Ultra Miami 2021 for 2020 ticket purchasers, one hour before doors open to the public.
- One (1) Free Ticket to either an Ultra WorldwideTM or Resistance® event of your choice (excluding Miami), valid throughout 2021 for each 2020 ticket purchased. Subject to the terms and conditions in effect for that show. Limited quantity and subject to availability. First come first served. Non-transferable. Pre-registration required.
- A discount code for 50% off for up to $250 in merchandise on www.ultramerchandise.com. Discount code expires December 31, 2020. Code does not apply to taxes, shipping, handling and service charges.
- There will be Ten (10) Ultra Golden Tickets where each admits you plus one guest Free entrance to any Ultra Worldwide events (including Miami) for life. Subject to the terms and conditions in effect for that show. Non-transferable. Pre-registration required.
- Exclusive access to a $99.95 private sale to upgrade to PREMIUM GA (PGA) for Ultra Miami. PREMIUM GA is a new ticket category at the festival which will be available for purchase for $599.95 during the 2021 event on-sale. This includes access to these exclusive PGA areas: PREMIUM Expedited entry, upgraded restroom facilities, PGA Lounge, chillout area and bar. Subject to the terms and conditions in effect for that show. Limited quantity and subject to availability. First come first served.
- Exclusive access to buy up to 2 additional GA tickets for $249.95 during the 2021 Ultra Miami private on-sale for each 2020 ticket purchased. Subject to the terms and conditions in effect for that show. Limited quantity and subject to availability. First come first served.