Coachella 2017 Set Times, Festival Map, & More!
Holy crap, Coachella is already here! It seems like just yesterday we were purchasing our tickets in the presale and spending countless hours thinking about who would be dotting the lineup. Now, the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is upon us once again, and we have some very important information that you need to know before heading out to the Polo Grounds this year! Whether you’re camping or staying at a hotel, we know that this year is going to be a magical one for everyone out there.
Want to meet up with some other EDM Identity Fans? Click HERE to check out our group on Facebook!
Coachella 2017 Essential Info:
Dates: April 13-16 & April 20-23
Show times: Camping opens at 9am on the 13th and 20th. Gates open at 11am each day of the festival.
Ages: All ages are allowed, 21+ to drink.
Wristband Registration Info:
- ONLY activate the wristband you will be wearing.
- That means if you bought 2 wristbands for the same weekend, whoever is wearing the 2nd one has to activate theirs on their own coachella.com account
- ONLY activate ONE wristband per Coachella.com account
- Wristbands can only be activated once.
- There are NO Changes after you have activated a wristband.
- It doesn’t really matter who wears it but it must be activated.
- Activate prior to applying it onto your wrist. You will be unable to read your Unique ID number once on your wrist.
- To activate your wristband, simply LOG IN to your existing coachella.com account (or REGISTER a Coachella.com account if this is your first time). You may also do this via our 2016 mobile app. Please note: just because you ordered passes for Coachella (from Front Gate Tickets) doesn’t mean you made a Coachella.com account. It’s not the same thing.
- Once you have logged in (or after you created a coachella.com account and logged in), scroll down to the “activate your wristband” section on your profile and follow the directions. You’ll enter your first name, last name, and the wristband number as pictured.
Coachella 2017 Weekend 1 Set Times:
Coachella 2017 Weekend 2 Set Times:
Coachella 2017 Festival, Camping, and Parking Maps:
Coachella 2017 Day Parking Info:
- Day parking is free.
- Day parking is open from 9:00a-2:00a on show days. Cars left after 2:00a will be towed.
- There is no overnight parking other than Camping Companion Parking.
- Pay close attention to where you park.
- To help preserve the environment and cut down on traffic, we strongly encourage carpooling. For a chance to win great prizes, check out Carpoolchella.
- Motorcycle parking is located in Lot 12B. Please check your festival map or mobile app.
VIP Parking is sold separately and located adjacent to the festival grounds. The pass is good for all 3 days but needs to be purchased ahead of time. To access the VIP Parking lot, everyone in the vehicle must be wearing their VIP festival wristband. Attendees wearing GA wristbands will not be allowed to enter the VIP Parking area.
Coachella 2017 ADA Info:
If you require assistance or special accommodations, please contact the ADA Team ahead of your trip to Coachella. They will not only help you out with camping, parking, or while inside the festival, but they are some amazing people as well. More information about ADA can be found HERE!
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting party goers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Coachella.
Pay attention to who’s around you and what’s going on around you. Keep your wallet and phone in your front pocket(s) if you can. Treat your phone the same way you would treat cash; don’t set it down on a table or bar and look away. If a friend isn’t standing behind you in a crowd, be careful of your backpack or purse, and don’t put valuables in a pocket that could easily be unzipped by someone behind in a crowded spot without you realizing.
Festivals, in general, are a very densely populated place, and are a well-known place where pick-pocketing of unsuspecting people occurs. It’s easy to find yourself in a crowded environment in a line, at a stage in the festival, elevator, or even out on the street where someone could slip your wallet or phone our of your pocket or bag in a matter of seconds. Stay alert, be careful, and make sure to not carry more than what you need!
Coachella 2017 Do’s & Don’ts:
- YES Baby Blankets
- YES Baby Strollers
- YES Backpacks (Medium)
- YES Blankets (Small) & Beach Towels
- YES Binoculars
- YES Bota Bags (Empty)
- YES Cameras (Non-Pro Digital and Film) and GoPros/FlipCams
- YES Chapstick and Lip Balm
- YES Cigarettes and Lighters
- YES Dancing Shoes
- YES E-Cigs and Vape Pens (Mid-Sized) and Single-Use Minis/Cig-a-likes
- YES Hydration Packs, i.e. CamelBaks (Plastic, Empty)
- YES Ear Plugs
- YES Eye Drops
- YES Fanny Packs and Hip Bags
- YES GoPros
- YES Gum
- YES Hand Sanitizer and Baby Wipes
- YES Hats
- YES Laptop Computers and Tablets
- YES Makeup
- YES Misters (Empty)
- YES Mobile Phones and Chargers
- YES Parasols
- YES Purses and Handbags
- YES Service Animals (See ADA Guide)
- YES Smiles
- YES Sunblock (Non-Aerosol)
- YES Sunglasses
- YES Walkie Talkies
- YES Water Bottles (Empty, Plastic, Reusable, non-metal, 40oz)
- NO Aerosol Products/Aerosol Cans
- NO Air Horns
- NO Audio Recording Devices
- NO AVPs or MODs or Liquid Refills for E-Cigs
- NO Bicycles, Skates, Scooters or Skateboards
- NO Chairs or Coolers
- NO Chains or Chain Wallets
- NO Detachable Lens Cameras
- NO Drones or Remote Control Aircraft, Cars or Toys
- NO Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia
- NO Fireworks, Explosives or Road Flares
- NO Flags
- NO Flyers, Samples, Giveaways or Promotional Items
- NO Glass or Metal Water Containers
- NO Glow Sticks or LED Gloves
- NO Guns, Ammunition or Tasers
- NO Hula Hoops
- NO Hoverboards or Segways
- NO Instruments
- NO Kites or Sky Lanterns
- NO Knives, Weapons or Sharp Objects
- NO Laser Pointers
- NO Massagers
- NO Metal, Steel or Aluminum water bottles
- NO Outside Food or Beverage
- NO Pepper Spray or Mace
- NO Pets or Other Animals
- NO Selfie Sticks, Tripods or Narcissists
- NO Sharpies, Markers or Paint Pens
- NO Stuffed Animals
- NO Tarps
- NO Tents or Sleeping Bags
- NO Toy Guns, Water Guns or Sling Shots
- NO Totems
- NO Umbrellas
- NO Video Cameras
Campgrounds Do’s & Don’ts
- All camping attendees MUST be 18 years of age or older & have a valid I.D. or be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. Sorry NO exceptions.
- Each camping attendee must have their OWN festival pass for entrance.
- Please note: Camping spot decals are non transferable by themselves. They will only work when scanned with the festival pass it was ordered with originally. If you bought multiple festival passes and one camping spot, the camping spot decal will only be valid when scanned with one of the festival passes from that order. This is to help thwart scalping of camping passes and making camping available to actual onsite campers.
- All onsite camping opens: Thursday at 9:00am and closes on Monday at 10AM each weekend. Early arrival is highly recommended.
- All camping check in times: Cars that are car camping & Tent only or Lake Eldorado campers driving can check in at 9am on Thursday until 2am, and starting at 9am FRI-Sun (until 10PM).
24 hours for pedestrians.
- Companion camping parking hours: Vehicles can enter to park at any time on Thursday starting at 9AM through 2AM Sat. Vehicles can also enter to park Sunday from 9AM until 10PM. EXCEPT: NO VEHICLE EXIT or ENTRY FROM 10pm-2am FRI/SAT and 10pm – 1am SUN. NO VEHICLE INS/OUTS.
- All general car & tent campers can visit each others camp sites.
- There will be on-site security at all times as well as first aid stations open 24/7. Do not leave valuables in your tent.
- Please be advised all car/tent only camping lots will be on lock down between the hours of 10pm and 2am nightly. Cars Camping will NOT be allowed to exit during those times. If you need to leave car camping prior to Sunday at 2am, you must do so before 10pm.
- Venue/Promoter are not responsible for any materials misplaced, lost or stolen. It is recommended you don’t bring valuable items or if you do, please lock them in your car for safety.
- NO Wrapped / Sponsored Vehicles. Your Car/Truck/Van/Vehicle will be turned away at the Toll Booth if it has Ads/Marketing/Sponsors/Company Logos on it. (this is not talking about rental cars).
- No branded/logo’d easy ups or tents allowed.
- All camping attendees are subject to search upon entry.
- Surrendered items are considered forfeited upon entry. There is NO return of any item regardless of what any random guard tells you.
- Feel free to bring your own food and beverages into onsite camping. Refer to FAQ’s below as to what is allowed.
- No camping between weekends
- NO GLASS containers, weapons, knives (including steak/cooking knives), drug paraphernalia or drugs allowed
- No animals will be allowed in the campground.
- No open flames (GPS we are not talking about you)
- No tiki torches / Fireworks / any types of explosives / ammunition
- No tanks of compressed air, helium, nitrous (haha)
- No party balloons
- No slip n slides
- NO METAL TENT STAKES
- No Drones/Remote Control Aircraft, Toys & Cars, hoverboards, motorized scooters
- Campers are expected to behave in a manner that is courteous to other campers. Noise curfew at 1:30am
Connect with Coachella on Social Media:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Snapchat