Countdown 2016 Set Times, Festival Map, & More!
Coming out of a holiday weekend, Insomniac has released the set times for Countdown 2016 through the app, available for download on iOS and Android! Start your planning and building your schedule directly on the app, and make the all-too-important decision: Which performer will you choose to bring in your new year? The festival map was also recently released to give you the layout of stages and a few other key locations! Make sure you know where the “Warming Tent” and “Free Water” are located so that you can use your time wisely and still meet your bodily needs. With the release of set times, it’ll also be easier to make a detailed game-plan for when to leave a stage if you find yourself having to split sets.
Countdown 2016 Essential Info:
Dates: December 30th, 2016 – Jan 1st, 2017
Show times: 4pm to 2am
Venue Address: NOS Events Center – 689 S E. Street, San Bernardino, California 92408
Ages: 18+, 21+ to drink
Acceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- YES Any US government-issued driver’s license or ID card containing a photograph and date of birth
- YES US or foreign government-issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth
- YES Foreign government-issued driver’s license or ID WITH color photocopy of passport (not valid for 21+ wristband. To purchase alcohol or enter VIP areas, a physical passport or US ID is required)
- YES Temporary DMV documents proving you are currently renewing a license — only if accompanied by passport or expired license
Unacceptable Forms of Identification for Entry
- NO School ID
- NO Consular ID
- NO Birth certificates
- NO Photocopies of any ID
- NO Expired ID of any kind
- NO Temporary DMV license without passport or expired license
Countdown 2016 Set Times:
Download the app for Countdown for updates during the event!
Countdown 2016 Festival Map:
Countdown 2016 Weather Forecast:
It will definitely be chilly at this event, with a high chance of rain, so make sure to dress warmly and stay dry!
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables this year. While this small number of grinches doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting party goers, and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables while at Countdown.
Pay attention to who’s around you and what’s going on around you. Keep your wallet and phone in your front pocket(s) if you can. Treat your phone the same way you would treat cash; don’t set it down on a table or bar and look away. If a friend isn’t standing behind you in a crowd, be careful of your backpack or purse, and don’t put valuables in a pocket that could easily be unzipped by someone behind in a crowded spot without you realizing.
Countdown and festivals, in general, are very densely populated and are a well-known place where pick-pocketing of unsuspecting people occurs. It’s easy to find yourself in a crowded environment in a line, crowd in the festival, elevator, or even out on the street where someone could slip your wallet or phone our of your pocket or bag in a matter of seconds. Stay alert, be careful, and make sure to not carry more than what you need!
Countdown 2016 Do’s & Don’ts
- YES Small bags, single compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, & purses (maximum 12″x12″)
- YES Official Insomniac water bottles—must be empty upon entry
- YES CamelBaks with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment—must be empty upon entry
- YES Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- YES Fanny packs
- YES Sunglasses & hats
- YES Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes
- YES Earplugs
- YES Sealed lip balm & gloss
- YES Powder makeup and sealed tampons
- YES Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- YES Sealed packs of gum
- YES Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- YES Hula hoops (including LED hoops)
- YES LED poi
- YES Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- YES Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company branded and no hard flag poles)
- YES Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines below)
- YES Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.), and GoPro extendable poles
- YES E-cigs or vapes(refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon arrival)
- NO Illegal substances
- NO Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- NO Pets
- NO Massagers
- NO Laser pointers and air horns
- NO LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- NO Pacifiers, dust masks or gas masks
- NO Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- NO Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store or from a first aid station)
- NO Liquid makeup or unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- NO Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- NO Markers, pens or spray paint
- NO Large chains or spiked jewelry
- NO Stickers, flyers
- NO Balls or Frisbees
- NO Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- NO Bota bags
- NO Large purses, bags or backpack (over 12″×12″)
- NO Stuffed animals or dolls
- NO Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- NO Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- NO Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- NO Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial use rigs)
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood, aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR
Connect with Countdown 2016 on Social Media:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook Event Page
Featured Photo Credit: Insomniac Events