Essentials to Bring to EDC
Whether you’re ready for it or not, festival season has arrived. So are you ready or are you absolutely lost? If you’re lost don’t trip my fellow festival goers, I’ve created a list of essentials ranging from ChapStick to my favorite accessory the fanny pack. I’ll also provide the reasoning behind each of these coveted items to make sure you’re set before you enter those pearly festival gates. Let’s avoid as many disasters as possible and just worry about dancing under the electric sky. Here it goes!
- Festival Ticket – Seems self-explanatory, but somehow someone always forgets the most essential item. Don’t be that guy ok?
- Identification Card – It doesn’t matter who you are or how old you look, no matter what festival you go to ID is a mandatory.
- Sealed Lip Balm – You’re in the desert or in some sort of extreme heat, keep your lips happy and healthy. Also make sure it is sealed or else security will not let you bring it in. I suggest buying a few for the weekend.
- CamelBak Hydration Pack or Reusable Water Bottle – Water is your BEST FRIEND and your lifeblood, stay hydrated or run the risk of not being able to dance the night away.
- Hairbands – Ladies and gentleman with long locks, bring a hairband or two you’ll thank me when you’re trapped in the sweaty crowds.
- Tissues/Toilet Paper – Let’s be honest, during some point in the night toilet paper is going to run out and you are going to be SOL.
- Earplugs – I know I don’t always wear them, but they’re good to have especially if you’re a bass fiend.
- Comfy Shoes – Always choose comfort over style when it comes to shoes, your feet will thank you later. Endurance, endurance, endurance.
- Cash – You never know when the credit card system is going to go down and also if you ever water from those guys, who bravely navigate the crowd you need cash.
- Fanny Pack – I know fanny packs are a bit lame, but they are the most comfortable and safest way to carry your belongings. Trust me keeping things in your pockets is destined to be bad news, unless you’re a guy with Mariana Trench deep pockets.
- Sealed Gum – Gotta have fresh breath yo!
- Lighter – Lighters are not only useful, but a great icebreaker at any festival.
- Bandana – Dust is not your friend trust me.
- Positive Attitude – Leave the negativity at the door, come to the festival with a positive outlook and carefree demeanor.
If you’re planning to head to any daytime pool parties during EDC Week don’t forget to bring these items with you:
- Sunscreen – Getting sunburned is not fun or cute either, remember to re-apply for maximum effectiveness.
- Sunglasses – Protect your eyes and look cool doing it.
And that’s a wrap, I’ll see you all at EDC Las Vegas!