Heading to EDC Las Vegas this year? Read on for all of the essential information you’ll want to know before arriving at the Speedway!
With EDC Las Vegas just days away, we want to make sure that you’re fully prepared before you even step foot near that speedway. We know how much time and energy goes into preparing for a festival, from snagging the ideal flight time to finding the perfect coordinated outfit with your bestie, you’re probably exhausted. We feel you. Which is why we’ve gone ahead and done all the leftover work for you and put together this ultimate EDC Las Vegas 2019 Essentials Guide.
From box office info to venue maps, we’ve compiled it all here for you so you don’t have to. Because whether you’re an EDC veteran or very first-timer, we get just how hectic the week can be. So, to make your lives all the less stressful and your time all the more enjoyable, read on for all of the necessary info that you’ll need to ensure that this EDCLV is your best one yet!
Related: Looking for details about Camp EDC? Check out our comprehensive post with everything you need to know!
Dates: May 17-19, 2019
Venue Address: Las Vegas Motor Speedway – 7000 N Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89115
Ages: 18+, 21+ to drink.
- Friday, May 17: Opening Ceremony 4:00pm–7:00pm, Full Grounds open 7:00pm–5:30am
- Saturday, May 18: Full Grounds open 7:00pm–5:30am
- Sunday, May 19: Full Grounds open 7:00pm–5:30am
Box Office Address & Hours: World Market Center – Pavilion 3: 209 S Grand Central Parkway Las Vegas, NV 89106
- Wed 5/16 & Thurs 5/17: 2pm–midnight
- Friday 5/18: 11am–3am
- Saturday 5/19: 2pm–2am
- Sunday 5/20: 2pm–midnight
Looking to rent a locker for the event? Single-day and three-day lockers are available to rent! Please note that these lockers are cleared out after each day of the festival!
EDC Las Vegas 2019 Set Times:
Opening Ceremony Info:
EDC Las Vegas 2019 Festival Map:
Check out our post highlighting all the shuttle stops for this year’s edition!
If you require assistance or special accommodations, please contact the ADA Team ahead of your trip to EDC Las Vegas. More information about ADA can be found here!
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
- Any US government-issued driver’s license or ID card containing a photograph and date of birth
- US or foreign government issued passport containing a photograph and date of birth
- Foreign government-issued driver’s license/ID with color photocopy of passport (not valid for 21+ wristband. To purchase alcohol or enter VIP areas, a physical passport or US ID will be required.)
- Temporary DMV documents proving you are currently renewing a license — ONLY if accompanied by passport or expired license
- School ID
- Consular ID
- Birth certificate
- Expired ID of any kind
- Photocopy of any ID (except as noted above)
- Temporary DMV license without passport or expired license.
Approved and Prohibited Items:
- Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.)
- Selfie sticks
- Small bags, single-compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, purses (maximum 12“x12“)
- Official Insomniac water bottles—must be empty upon entry
Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment—must be empty upon entry
- Fanny packs
- Sunglasses & hats
- Rain ponchos and umbrellas measuring less than 10″ when collapsed
- Personal misting fan with a bottle no larger than 1.5L (must be empty upon arrival)
- Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes
- E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon arrival—no E-liquid or E-juice of any kind will be permitted)
- Sealed lip balm & gloss
- Sealed sunscreen lotion (inspected upon entry)
- Powder makeup
- Sealed tampons
- Sealed wet wipes
- Sealed packs of gum
- Hula hoops (including LED hoops)
- Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- LED poi & orbitals
- Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines)
- Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Laser pointers and air horns
- Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- Balls or Frisbees
- Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- Illegal substances
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store or from a first aid station)
- LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- Pacifiers, dust masks or gas masks
- Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- Aerosol products/cans
- Liquid makeup
- Unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- E-liquid or E-juice of any kind (a selection of premium liquids from a variety of name-brand vendors will be available inside the venue)
- Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- Markers, pens or spray paint
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Stickers, flyers
- Bota bags
- Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- Stuffed animals or dolls
- Maximum height is 10 feet.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood or aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1 inch in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.
Reminder To Mind Your Belongings:
Unfortunately, many people have reported pickpockets, bag slashings, and theft of wallets, smartphones, purses and other valuables during this festival season. While this small number of bad apples in the bunch doesn’t define an entire crowd, there are opportunistic people who come to these events to take advantage of unsuspecting partygoers and it’s important to be mindful of your valuables.
Looking for tips to keep your belongings safe? Check our post highlighting some ideas!