ID Spotlight: Ozell Elizabeth
What was your first electronic music event?
I Love This City 2012 – Shoreline Ampitheatre
What/who influenced you to attend your first event?
I really enjoyed the music and later met someone that was super into raves and festivals. He introduced me to the scene through Youtube videos and told me about I Love This City. I ended up going with my best friend and from that moment on, I knew this is where I belonged. It has led me to where I am today!
What is one moment from an event that was special and why?
Every moment is so special to me! I have had quite a few spectacular experiences.
Two of my highlight moments were:
1) To make a very long story, short: At day 1 of EDC 2014, a friend and I lost our pouch with our tickets, room keys, ID’s etc. Freaking out a bit – I spent some time finding people who worked at Insomniac to figure out what to do and ended up at the Cosmic Meadow stage talking to the managers/staff behind the stage. Diplo was playing and the head manager was on stage. I was told I needed to wait there for him to come off. Well, as I am standing back there waiting in my awesome all kandi dazzled costume – one of the guys on stage waved at me to come up there. I thought he was the next guy to help me. Turns out, he had no idea what was going on and just simply saw me, and wanted to know if I would like to dance on stage for a bit. I literally couldn’t believe it. I was on the Cosmic Meadow stage at EDC dancing to Diplo. WTH?! :0
2) Insomniac interviewed me at Beyond Wonderland 2015 Bay Area after spotting me in my elaborate full body-paint. They featured me in their article “Awesome People We Met On Day 1 Of Beyond Bay” and used my picture as the cover photo! I was so happy!
What is your favorite festival or event?
Any Insomniac Event is my favorite!
What is your favorite electronic song and why?
I could not choose just one if my life depended on it lol. As a DJ – I am always on the hunt for new music – so I am constantly moving on from one song to the next. Of course there are always those special tracks that stick around for 1,000,000 repeats ;P
Who are your favorite artists?
Oh man, so many! To name just a few: Armin, Blasterjaxx, 3lau, R3hab, Dannic, Eric Prydz, Showtek
What are your favorite genres?
Electro, Progressive House, Deep House, House, Trance, Trap, some Dubstep, Future House, Techno + more – I love it all!
What do you feel your “Identity” is in the electronic music community?
With a passion for health and wellness – I am a role model to others showing that, a sober lifestyle is the ULTIMATE lifestyle. We don’t need alcohol or drugs to experience euphoria and bliss. Those are vibrations that already reside within us and when released, it is unlike anything you have ever experienced before.
When I am at electronic events attending or performing – I am in my element. A manifestation of what true reverence, in it’s spiritual definition/vibration, looks and feels like.
Expressing myself though body-art, dance, music, fitness – is who I am. The electronic music community is my playground to BE just that. I am forever grateful.
Is there anything else you would like to add about yourself for the readers?
Ozell is on the rise and you can expect a lot to come from this one! Check me out! I appreciate the support! 😀
If you see me at an event in one of my body-paint pieces – come say hi and take a pic! I would love to meet you! 🙂 xoxo rave family – much love and gratitude to you all!
Do you want to be featured in our weekly ID Spotlight segment? Click HERE for the submission form!
Latest posts by Grant Gilmore (see all)
- The Launch || Volume 026 - March 28, 2017
- Factory 93: Drumcode || Event Preview - March 28, 2017
- Insomniac Records Officially Launches New Imprint, In / Rotation! - March 28, 2017